Sunday, October 3, 2021

Not on the Shelf, Sleep

 While I was thinking of it, and for something to do to get out of the house and into sunshine, we went to Publix on Saturday. They are out of the fried onions! Monday, around 4 pm they will have them on the shelf. I will be there! 

I bought ice cream, 3 huge Granny Smith apples for a pie which will only have a top crust. Thanks Barbara.  Campbell's Cream of Mushroom and one of Cream of Chicken, (Healthy Choice) were $1 each or 2 for $2. I got one of each just to keep up my stockpile. At least these have less sodium for our green bean casserole. 

Saturday, my bird to hang in the tree got two coats of black paint. Then, it rained or sprinkled on the bird and it is sticky now! I suppose tomorrow, I will hang it in a tree in the front yard. 

For dinner on Saturday, we had a chicken tender I baked in the oven and turnip greens. Then, later, we both had a salad. It is best for me to eat dinner or any meal in two sessions. It is what is recommended for my stomach problem. 

We went to the yard sale near us at a church, the one I always visit. They had no more large purses. So, my Pink Purse Project may only be two purses this year. My back hurts too much to get out at most sales. I actually went straight to a chair and sat down, no looking around. I found a Christmas decoration with poinsettias I could use to make a wreath. Then, I saw a pot with a poinsettia in it. So, I got that. I liked that it was sitting in a pretty pot. Well, that "pot" is actually a cup with a handle. For $5 it will work for something at Christmas. At least it won't die. And, the pot can be used for other plants, real ones, I hope.

If the cup has a hole and can be used for a plant, I may use it on the porch for plants and get rid of a plastic pot I found on the road. Maybe I will spray paint the pot. 

This next spring, I am going to plant pink vinca to sit on the front porch. I love vinca and pink. I love how vinca blows in the breeze. 

I finally saw Being There and loved it. We stayed up late to watch it. Tommy had seen if before and wanted to see it again,  I knew it was a wonderful movie since he usually sleeps that time of night, no matter what I want to watch. Have you seen Being There? Did you like it?

Good news! I slept 8 hours on Saturday night. I am in pain as usual, but clear-headed. When I was sleeping two hours or 4 every night, my first thought was to plan a nap. Now, I lie down about twice a day for my back. I usually do not fall asleep. If I do, I rarely sleep more than one hour. I have Tommy call me if I am not back in an hour. 

This makes more than one week with sleep. Now, I have a mind that can tackle mobility and pain issues. 

Today, after hanging my black bird, I will get out the ghosts we had in the tree last year, and get them into the tree. 

What are you doing for outside decorations at your house? 



4 comments:

  1. Peter Sellers was great in Being There.
    Decorations? I am sure I will put something out but right now I am still enjoying all the plants on the porch and stairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      The bird is just the beginning. I will do it in stages.

      Delete
  2. The outdoor decorations are a work in progress. I started by substituted the white bulbs out front with orange ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Mind, too. Orange lights would be nice. Does the HOA approve?

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...