Sunday, November 21, 2021

Lady Who Fell

Sunday, we went for a bit of a drive. I wanted to drive past where I thought the woman who fell lived. She was on the front porch, sitting, and waved when we stopped. The woman who came looking for her was mowing and continued. We yelled and another woman who was working in the yard came to us. She was struggling to walk. 

The woman who came to talk was her daughter and has CP. The one  who came to the woman after she fell was the best friend of daughter who just moved there. The other daughter who we have not seen lived there, too. So, it appears there was a house full of women. 

Her daughter said she was pretty well banged up. The elderly lady told her, "I guess I can't walk my dog any more. I suggested she just walk it around the yard. It's too bad a fall and the danger of another will now prevent her from getting out and walking. 

Even though I did not get my full sleep last night, after going out and to the grocery store, I did get a nap to fill out my quota. The dishes are washing and we washed out the lids to the glass bowls/container, the ones that snap on all four sides. The turkey is in the sink, nine pound one, to go into the oven in a minute.  I probably won't roast another turkey or breast until some time next week. 

So, that is my Sunday, mostly.

14 comments:

  1. I am glad you got to see the woman you helped. I think it will give you peace of mind that people do care and will help you if you or Tommy ever get sick or fall.
    I understand how hard you are working, cooking turkey and then deboning it for the freezer is a lot of hard work. I hate doing it for just a chicken. I hope that is the last one for now, get some rest and try to enjoy the holiday week. I know you have sides and pies that you want to make, just try to take your time or you will get sick from exhaustion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I have set up a week to do this. I will get it done even if I have to downsize...lol.

      Delete
  2. Last week I was the woman who fell also. I swear I do watch my feet and I still manage to trip up at least 2-3 times a year. So far no broken bones from any of my falls. I am just bruised and sore. I must have rubber bones because I don't seem to break them and I have taken some falls that were doozies. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal,
      The only time I have fallen is the time I rolled off the bed! That hurt. I usually fall once a year and it is catastrophic as far as pain. But, there have been no broken bones or blood, just a few scrapes. Hopefully, yours will only be bruises and soreness from now on, too. "doozies" is the right word for my falls. You take care, too.

      Delete
    2. The only time I have fallen in two years is what I meant to say.

      Delete
    3. My mother always tells me - remember you are supposed to remain upright. lol

      Delete
    4. Crystal,
      So, that is my problem. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. I have never cooked a turkey and I don't think I ever will! I'm glad you are doing it, though. It will be a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      This makes well over 100 turkeys that I have cooked in my lifetime. Turkey is always a treat. But, one must have the sides for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Like so many people the first time I roasted a turkey, I didn't check inside it, and I left all that in it. I was then afraid it would contaminate the whole turkey. I served it anyhow, and all was well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole,
      I knew the giblets were in the cavity, but they were frozen solid! I worried about them contaminating the turkey. But, I figured surely they would not put something to poison people in the turkey. No one died...lol.

      Delete
  5. What sides and dessert are you planning. I know you love sweet potatoes and green beans. I know you will make dressing and gravy. I have always stuggled with dressing or stuffing. My mother inlaw made the best. About 25 years ago she started making dressing muffins. It was something she could send home with the kids. They froze well an we could pull them out when we wanted.YES I ALSO COOKED A TURKEY WITH THE GIBLETS STILL INSIDE.Like we say live and learn. Since I am alone I will not cook the traditional meal. For me it will be lobster, wild rice, salad. I have not decided on the dessert yet. Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This could change at any time--sweet potato casserole and green bean casserole, apple pie, pumpkin pie, maybe some pumpkin or sweet potato bread, mashed potatoes and gravy. This can change at any time. I hope you enjoy you non-traditional meal.

      Delete
    2. Texas, that sounds like a delicious Thanksgiving meal! I would want lemon bars, lemon cookies, or key lime pie after that dinner.
      My daughter has decided to make espresso pie for our dessert. She gave us a preview yesterday and OH MY STARS is it luscious! Homemade chocolate mocha pudding in an Oreo crust with whipped cream on top. Gobble gobble!!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...