Saturday, November 6, 2021

Saturday Doings

As DST ends,  the realization that it will be a long few months hits me. During the summer, we could be out at 7:30 pm and still not be driving in the dark. Some days, the sky was light until almost 8 pm. Now, we try to get home by 4:30. Starting tomorrow, we will have to home an hour earlier, 3:30 pm. The prospect is soul-cringing. Thankfully, some politicians are pushing for year-round DST. I am for it. 

 Earlier in the week,  I spotted a dime on the pavement at a store, forgot which one. Yay, for the dime. I need to take a stroll every time I get on an electric cart so I can search. Just kidding. 

While in a store, I bought the only Kodak camera they had. I was thrilled it was so cheap. A few days later, I was opening the box. It uses AA batteries instead of lithium. Grrrr. It is going back. 

For the last week, Tommy has been very compliant about the dishwasher issue. Only, he never moves. He is agreeable to all my statements, but never moves. On Friday late afternoon, I asked him to empty the dishwasher. by himself. There were only about eight articles in the dishwasher, including utensils. 

At 11:50, he asked me if I wanted us to load the dishwasher. I figure he thinks I might ask him to load it alone. I know he hates dishes at midnight because I wanted help at night and he refused, saying he was relaxed. So, for him to want to work late and mention it was a big deal. I was shocked and got up. The dishwasher was loaded. 

This morning, he washed the sink because I did not want him running water when the dishwasher was running last night. He also cleaned the skillet I used for burgers and want to use for scrambled eggs today. He has gotten everything I wanted since I awoke at 11 am. 

We went out and are now  back. Tommy and I both had calls in to our respective doctors for prescriptions. And, no one called his meds or mine to different pharmacies. We both had to get and emergency supply in order to have meds!  Friday, I needed to pick up 6 meds. They had four. One of those was wrong--a med I am allergic to. Right, I ended a sentence with a preposition.  Then, I went  back on Friday and got the right med. Still, I am missing a critical med, thus the emergency supply. Tommy's med is even more critical. This all started with the failure of doctors, not an employee or a supply chain. 

I went to the church yard sale and just asked the woman to come to the car. She is the one who said she could help me in the house. Still, I wait. Tommy offered to stop for another half dozen yard sales. But, I was too shaky on my feet and felt weak. 

Just now, he brought me the sweet potatoes, washed, for me to prepare. Now, I need to go in there and see what meat I put out. No? He is searching for the meat I want. Okay, we are chicken soffrito and brussels sprouts along with the sweet potato. 

I really feel awful, but I slept for two hours. No fever or other symptoms at all. Was today good yard sale weather at your place? It was 

2 comments:

  1. My primary care doctor, that I've been going to for several years now, has only half of their normal office staff still working there. Most of them had been working in there for as long as I had been going there. The new staff that is coming in is very inexperienced. My husband, who always has had totally normal blood pressure, had his blood pressure taken by one of the new people and she came out with two separate measurements of 200+ over 100 and something. When the doctor came in he took a look at those numbers, shook his head, and took my husband's blood pressure again and it was perfectly normal. he told my husband that the person who took his blood pressure was new in the office. I have often thought that people are put on serious blood pressure medicine that can have side effects on the basis of blood pressure measurements that can be so wrong, so often, depending on who is taking the measurement. Why can't they develop a more accurate blood pressure measuring instrument?

    The other day before my eye surgery, the nurse put one of those automatic blood pressure measuring machines on me. It did its thing of squeezing harder and harder, way past just uncomfortable. Finally it stopped and the measurement was 190 over I don't remember what. I told her that number had to be totally wrong, could she please measure it with the manual cuff, then it came out to be my normal numbers. I don't think it is safe going into surgery with incorrect blood pressure numbers.

    I don't know how far ahead of time I will have to start calling my doctor's office when I need him to sign of on the refills with the shortage of office staff he has. Some of the medicines I take they won't do emergency supplies of it. Then I guess I will just be S.out of luck.

    The time change at this time of year is an annoying depressing
    thing, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. susie,
    When I have my blood pressure taken, If I have walked any at all, my blood pressure is high. Sometimes, the put the cuff on then stick a thermometer in my mouth, the OA is clipped on my finger and they begin a barrage of questioning. I told one person--you know, you are causing my reading to be high because a person is to sit still for five minutes. She stopped everything--talking and stuff.

    I hate when the automatic cuffs just keep squeezing. I do want my blood pressure recorded correctly when going into surgery.

    I just saw the time go back an hour on my laptop! I hate DST.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...