Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Tired Tuesday

 Tuesday night, I baked 20 sweet potatoes and took the skin from 18 of them. We ate the other two. I have a nice bowl of sweet potatoes that I will freeze on Wednesday. I want to freeze enough in bags to make sweet potato bread from my pumpkin bread recipe and to make sweet potato pie from my pumpkin pie recipe. Plus, I want enough for our T-day dinner or a sweet potato casserole. 

Dinner Tuesday night--Tommy had chicken, sweet potatoes, and English peas. I had chicken, sweet potatoes, and kale. It was a meal fit for a king or queen. 

I talked to Linda, the neighbor, for 90 minutes on Tuesday night. (Tommy told me the time when I asked.) She is funny and nice.  We have plans to make plans. She has had no luck finding anything at the Senior Center here, either.  

Since I bought two 9 pound turkeys on Tuesday, I put one in the freezer and one in the refrigerator to thaw. I can put one in the oven on Thursday, I suppose. These were $0.49/lb. Plus, they were small, both about 9 pounds. It was an ordeal getting the food arranged since there are 9 or ten cartons (half gallons) of milk. Tommy did most of it. 

Monday night, I started reading Beowulf in bed, but that is going to be my book to read in the living room. This is a brand new book I got from a free bookshelf. I have no idea what I will take to bed tonight, probably something from my box of books in the mail. I had gone to bed without looking for a book and did not want to disturb Tommy, so I found Beowulf. I read a large portion of this in the undergrad English Survey class, I believe. I need to get Grendel's Mother and read that when I finish Beowulf.

Have you read Beowulf or any portion of it? Are you a fan of Beowulf?

10 comments:

  1. Yes I have read Beowulf, a few times.
    here is my favorite summary:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcqMp_D5pdE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying reading it all the way through. I will check that summary.

      Delete
    2. OMG that Beowulf summary is excellent!! And now I never have to attempt to read Beowulf! I just love the Internet.

      Delete
    3. LOL! I took a college course where the professor read "Canterbury Tales" aloud, correct Middle English pronunciations included. It was actually a wonderful class! No YouTube Cliff Notes for that one, though... :^)

      Delete
    4. Sue,
      I have never heard the whole Tales in the original pronunciations, but we did have to memorize a portion of the Tales.

      Delete
  2. Yes I read Beowulf in high school. Not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      I was a fan of the portion we were required to read. It just seemed to be the time to finish it off.

      Delete
    2. It's good to finish it off. Maybe one day I will try reading again but there are plenty of books I'd rather read first.

      Delete
    3. It was there, and I needed to read something.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...