Thursday, November 4, 2021

Turkey Breast $.99/lb.

 That is what I saw when I read the ads online. This morning, I could not find the store. I even asked Tommy if I told him about it last night. He said I did, so I know I did not dream it! 

Remember the CHILLS I HAD? Well, today, I realize I have a raging uti. Lovely! Of course, it is chilly inside and very cold outside. But, with a fever, I don't really know.  Last night, I was cold all night and got up for a trip to the bathroom at least once an hour. It was a rough night. But, I made it through October with no congestion in head and chest, so I just need to conquer this problem.

Today, I finally found pretty red spray paint for my cardinals I am making. It is gloss, but it was the last can of red in the store. The last three stores had no red spray paint of any kind. I can put matte on it another day if the boats from China ever unload. 

I have been preparing dinner from the sofa. Tommy washed 4 sweet potatoes, brought them, a knife, a towel, tiny baking sheet, and a tiny bowl with a bit of olive oil. I trimmed the potatoes, oiled them, put foil on the pan, and sent it all to the kitchen where he had turned the oven on 300F. We will have sweet potatoes, kale, beans I froze last year. If I can find any cooked meat, we can have that, too. I think there is some in the freezer. His oven runs too hot, so I cannot use 350F for baking.

For the last four nights, I have been reading a new book from my box of books mailed to me. I could only read about four pages last night. I wondered why, but I was ill. 

Right now, I am wearing Halloween leggings, a nightgown, and a light jacket. I look adorable...lol. 

Have you seen turkey breast this low lately?



8 comments:

  1. I am sorry you are not feeling well, did you go to the doctor about the UTI,a new thing I learned when I was taking care of my mother is that a UTI in older age may not cause pain or burning but can cause bizarre symptoms as we age, ie becoming dizzy, acting a little crazy, saying and doing things that do not make sense. I am 62, this started with my Mom in her 80s. Many times she fell and injured herself, all caused by the UTI. Please go see the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I said I only figured it out today. My plans are to go tomorrow. I have had multiple symptoms as I have aged. So far, I have not fallen but have become confused.

      Delete
  2. I am glad you are going to the doctor, my mom would get confused or not know where she was. She was living with me at that point but she would get up in the night and fall thinking she was still in her own home. These falls sometimes minor and some major with broken bones, cuts and worst of all a brain bleed. That is why I want you be very careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I am going first thing in the morning. I get dizzy, too, but have never fallen, thankfully. It is too bad about your mother. I have barely moved because Tommy is helping me.

      Delete
  3. I am glad he is looking after you. Don't worry those turkey breast will still be there when you are better, there might even be a better price and you may get some for free. Wish you and Tommy the best in the upcoming holidays. I could not wait and have already made a pumpkin pie which is now almost gone. Love it as much as you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I have no idea where there are breasts at that price! I must have read an ad from somewhere else! I am thinking about a pumpkin pie, too.

      Delete
  4. Forgot to tell you after the holidays I have bought turkey breasts at a good price on clearance at target and they have been the best I have had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I do find turkey breasts after Christmas, but the price was too good to miss out on...lol.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...