Thursday, December 30, 2021

EOY

 Embiggin to read.

Brevity by Dan Thompson


Blondie

The menu changed, but we settled on what I could do. I think Tommy was sad there was no green bean casserole. We had turkey, plain sweet potatoes, green beans, homemade cranberry sauce, and dressing. The only thing I did today was make Stovetop Stuffing. The rest was in a can or made earlier. I didn't even feel well enough to make giblet gravy with chopped boiled eggs. (Maybe tomorrow) Later, we had fresh strawberries. Tommy had some in a bowl. I cut mine in a bowl and added a bit of milk. 

The week before Christmas, I realized we had not planted our Amaryllis. I really did not care to rush to plant them. I mean, we did not plant them in time for Christmas, so why rush?  Amaryllis will be welcome the end of January, maybe more welcome than at Christmas. 

I took a long nap today, and then kept going back to rest a bit. 

We ate from the new Christmas plates and the food tasted better on nice dishes instead of paper plates. Okay, maybe it was just a better atmosphere. 



10 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're still feeling unwell. The experience does add to food enjoyment, I believe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I am headed to the doctor after we eat lunch. It certainly elevates the occasion.

      Delete
  2. Funny cartoons. LOL

    Glad you enjoyed your dinner on your new Christmas dishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I just had to share those. I think we might eat the turkey dinner leftovers on them today. Fun!

      Delete
  3. HAHA! I love Blondie & Brevity too! I never see those anymore so thanks for sharing :)

    I always think food tastes better when it's presented on nice dishes & on a nice table setting. It makes sense since they say we eat with our eyes first, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      Both of those cartoons are on my front page at MSN. Otherwise, I would not see them, either. Yes, we do first eat with our eyes.

      Delete
  4. You know I cannot stand to eat on a paper plate unless I am camping and even then it is awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I am not crazy about paper plates! But, there comes a time and place...circumstances.

      Delete
  5. Flowers will be a ray of sunshine at the end of January. A much needed smile!
    Hope you feel better and that it isn't anything big!
    I bet the dinner tasted yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Christmas was so nice that I could imagine the flowers in the dead of winter as being much more cheerful. Thanks. Oh, it was delicious.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...