Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas!

 

Christmas Eve

Around 1 pm on Christmas Eve, I decided I wanted a Chic-fil-A sandwich. So, we drive a million miles to get one. okay, it was only 12 miles, still too far. In Cullman CFA it was only 1.5 miles and on the way to everywhere. It was delicious. Then, Tommy just drove around and we stayed out for several hours. 

About 7 pm, Tommy suggested we go out and look at Christmas lights. The streets were deserted, thankfully. It was fun. We ate candy and Diet Cokes while Christmas music played. 

We had a can of Roast Beef with Gravy, opened can of kale, and ate freshly baked sweet potatoes on Christmas Eve. 

I had bought a Gingerbread house kit for Tommy to erect. Some mild cursing occurred. He broke one side of the house and thought I would be upset. No, just "glue" it together with the Royal icing. It kept falling apart, the sides, one from another. Finally, he said it needed to set all night. So, it will.  

In the meantime, I chopped celery and onions to add to Stovetop Stuffing. Sweet potatoes are baked, cooked purple hull peas are thawed.

Christmas Day

It is barely Christmas Day, so who knows what will transpire with the food.I have an alternative plan if the turkey is not thawed. 

We just opened gifts that Santa left...lol. I wrapped Tommy's belt and gave him a promise card of a certifiate proclaiming him a Laird and a description of his 1'x1' plot of land in Scotland. He was pleased. Even though he gifted me with the recliner, declaring it was my birthday and Christmas present for the next 2 or 3 years, I did get something to unwrap--gift card for $50 from Nordstrom. Happy Day! Also, the package of Harry & David's Truffles. 

So, This is Christmas.

Merry Christmas!

20 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas again!

    I was surprised to hear that Chick-filet was open - I thought they stayed home on religious days rather than make their employees work?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ueapo,
      All that was Christmas Eve, until I write we opened presents.
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. TheHub and I got out very briefly on Christmas Eve. We had a hankering for Sneaky Pete's hot dogs, but we were amazed at how busy all the drive throughs were at about 11 am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      When we went to Mcalla to eat at CFA, everything was so busy there.

      Delete
  3. I hope your Christmas day was enjoyable. Yum-stuffing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely Christmas! I always love a gift card to Nordstroms and you finally got your truffles :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      I was happily surprised about where he got it for me to shop. Those truffles were delicious!

      Delete
  5. A million miles is not too far to drive for a Chick-fil-A sandwich!
    My favorite is the Grilled Chicken Club sandwich.
    Truffles and a gift card are perfect gifts! And Nordstrom's to boot--fancy shmancy, girlfriend! I'd call that a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was too hungry for a million-mile drive right then. Yes, perfect Christmas gifts.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...