Friday, December 24, 2021

Nothing Happening

 Since I awoke at about noon on Thursday, I have done little. It takes a few days to catch up after doing anything. Unless I put this turkey in the sink with water on Friday, I doubt it will be ready for the oven on Christmas. 

Tommy said he would rather have sweet potatoes than mashed white potatoes. Since I only have a small can of fried onions, we will have half a recipe of green bean casserole. There are frozen purple hull peas. I will probably cook/prepare something else, just don't know what. 

Thursday, we took a package to UPS to return. Tommy took three things into Big Box store to return. Another item goes back to Publix tomorrow or after Christmas. We took a drive around the neighborhood to see what lights were on at 4 pm. Amazingly, there were lots of lights on around the neighborhood. 

We left before 3 pm on the 23rd and the busyness was astounding. I suppose earlier in my life, crowds and cars were not so worrisome. I am well beyond that. So many cars bother me now.  

We saw a special about "Silent Night" and almost watched something else Christmas-y. 

Christmas Eve, Gunsmoke was a Christmas Episode. 

My friend, Lynda, spells her name with a "y," so I learned that when she put a Christmas card behind the screen with a gift card in the Christmas card. 

Merry Christmas Eve!

8 comments:

  1. That's a lot of returns. I agree that traffic can be a bother. I forget if you've mentioned if Tommy has kids. You said you got grandkids gifts-I hope you get to see them some time over the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Two items did not work! One was a spice. He has never been married and has no children.

      Delete
  2. I have never had purple hull peas. What other pea/bean do they resemble in flavor?
    There isn't a bean I don't enjoy except for lima. They are too mealy and flavorless, IMO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I suppose purple hull peas are like field peas or maybe black-eyed peas. Tommy hates lima, too. I love them.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...