Friday, January 14, 2022

Chair and Food and Sleep

 Since I have had 24 hours to use the new chair, I am happy. The guys put the chair down and said, "Is that okay?" I agreed it was and asked if they could move the table back. They had to move it to get to the space to remove the love seat. The lamp was not plugged in, so I could not see the edge of the table was not even with the chair or the door. 

I immediately called the store and asked if they could move the chair since we cannot.  She said they had gone home and she would be in Atlanta. So, it would be Monday. I hurt myself trying to yank the chair, and then I quit. 

Sleep did not come until after 6 am. I got up when Tommy called me at 9 am and said I was not going to Cullman. Then, I could not go to sleep. Finally, I went to bed and he called me loudly just as I was drifting off. I ran from the bedroom in a knee-length summer nightgown and a sweatshirt over that and barefooted. He was telling me the guys were here. Since he only had on shorts, he went into the kitchen. It would take him at least 3-5 minutes to get his pants on. 

I know they thought I was crazy to have them come back here to move a chair two inches. But, that is the degree of my back problems. And, I forgot to give them money for their help. 

After that, there was no way I could sleep! I suggested going to the grocery store. Well, he finally was ready to go about 2 pm. As we went here, there, and yonder, we have tried to get someone to take this love seat. 

Groceries:

Bread Store:

read Store:Six huge brown rolls, the ones sold at Outback $2

envelops of cheese sauce $1

Publix:

18 eggs $4.29 yikes

Bread $3.49

Mott's Applesauce 3 for $6

grape tomatoes $1.48

Chocolate 2 for $4 Sugar Free

Wheat Thins, Lightly Salted 2 for $6

Diet Pepsi for Tommy bog2  $14

Cheerios bogo 2 for $5.79

Then, I had a $1 coupon for purchasing two. for $5.79 I got an extra $1 off for buying two, making it $4.79 for two and $2.40 for 18.8 ounce box. 

I may have to get chickens again if the price of eggs does not drop! The bread store had no reduced bread and we drove a long way to get it.  Applesauce cups are for the car. 

Wednesday and Thursday night, we had chicken, brown rice, mushroom soup, green beans and a small jar of pimiento. 

I may get out frozen pieces of chicken and figure out vegetables. It is tiring to keep going to sleep or almost going to sleep and not getting completely asleep or have someone wake you!

Some people can go straight back to sleep. That is not me. How about you? Can you go back to sleep when you are awakened?

12 comments:

  1. Usually I can go back to sleep very quickly but not always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes is right on the eggs, do you get the organic cage free. I just get regular xlarge eggs. I get them on special most of the time, got 2 dozen last week for $.79 a dozen.

    Things are always on special at our Kroger and Albertsons.Kroger will have cereal on for $1.88 a box. They usually rotate thru all the different brands. I just stock up then. Last week I got bags of Malt O Meal Frosted shredded wheat for $.97 each. They also had green giant canned green beans, corn and sweet peas for $.50 each.

    I drink walmart brand Sams sodas they are much cheaper than the brand name sodas. Has Tommy tried those?

    I save where ever I can. I have plenty of storage room and 2 fridges. It makes it easier when you have freezer room. You can really save alot with loss leader sales and coupons.
    I get a lot of produce from Aldi, our store is well stocked and produce is fresh.Chicken breast at always available at the $1.99lb.
    Sales will run sometimes for bone in breast for $.97lb. I get those and just take off the skin and bones after baking and use that for making broth.

    Things are so expensive there, Alabama must be the California of the South.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think things are so expensive here. The eggs were large, regular eggs, nothing special.
      He wants what he wants in drinks. I don't know. Aldi produce looked like it was walked on! And, there is no cart, so I cannot go in and shop. We need another refrigerator!

      Delete
  3. No,I can't easily go back to sleep when I am wakened. That is why I completely unplug our landline phone and cell phone before I sleep or even nap unless I forget to. I think there were 10 phone solicitor calls coming in to our house today and just before I saw your post I had just hung up on one. All but one were overseas from Pakistan or India,and one doctor appointment confirmation. I am so tired of the overseas calls that I vent on them and cuss them out. 99% of the time they are computer scams, 50% of those are talking to me about a type of computer I don't even own. I double down on my cussing at those people because they are definite scammers. They probably get a laugh out of an old lady cussing them,but it is my way of venting.
    When a phone solicitor calls about a survey or something that I don't think is a scam, I am nice and polite, because they are doing a job and it is on the up and up and they needed the job. Our phone doesn't have a switch that can turn the call announcement silent. I can silence the ringer, but then the announcement comes loudly in. I am on the state and federal no call list. What a joke! I'd like to know what politicians are getting money under the table for not doing a damn thing to stop all of the scam calls. I can't even keep track of all of the calls that are scams and announce that they are calling from the Social Security "Department" and that my benefits are about to be cut. They don't have enough English language to know it is the Social Security Administration. I save my most foul insults for those scammers. As you can see,I have been wakened one too many times today by stupid calls, and couldn't
    sleep again, and I am cranky.

    I hope you get plenty of relaxing, cozy sleep tonight. We are supposed to have 3-5 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow. I love the early snow muffled mornings when I can sleep so sound, until the snow blowers start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont cuss them, but I do use a loud coarse voice. And, hang up quickly. Most of them cannot speak English very well, so sometimes, I have no patience to hear and understand. I hang up at the word "recorded," as in "this is a recorded line." Am I supposed to be frightened or coerced? Nope!

      Yes, all phone are off. But, Tommy's home phone is just a little twitter and cannot be heard in my bedroom. The voice mail announcement and the person's message is loud enough to be heard at the road.
      I don't think I have a heard anything but scams lately or someone from ss.

      Delete
  4. If I have been asleep less than two hours, I can usually go back to sleep. After that, my body seems to think it's time to get up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Oh, yes! Four hours sleep and my body, too, thinks that is enough for the night. I hate that.

      Delete
  5. I have to watch tv in order to fall back asleep otherwise my mind will think of things to keep me awake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I could do that at home. Here, Tommy sleeps in the living room with the TV! Rats!

      Delete
  6. Depends on the night. One night at midnight my daughter called and their septic was running wild, toliet overflowing etc. She needed help, extra towels, and water turned off. That pretty much ended things for sleep that night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann,
      I do understand! I have had a few of those, too. It makes the next day really rough.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...