Sunday, January 16, 2022

So Sad

 The perfectly serviceable love seat has been soaked by rain and snow. Someone out there could have used this. Somewhere there is a family that needs it. But, it is lost.

We were up late or early before going to bed. I needed to hang clothes, panties and nightgowns, to dry. My towels and wash cloths were still in the bag. I have no idea why he decided I did not want them dried this time.

I could not sleep all night because my feet were cold. It is drafty on my feet. I finally got up and slipped in here and got my computer and finally put it away when the battery was drained. 

Then, I decided to pick up small things on the floor. That hurt my back even sitting on the bed, so I turned to the bedside table and found things, like my nose drops I had misplaced. My ear was hurting from the lack, so I used them. The table still looks messy, but it is a start. Bits of things are gone, like tags, their little plastic that attaches them to clothing, receipts. I found $15--three fives. I must have taken them out after shopping and breaking a $20. That was fun to find. 

I came into the living room to look out for snow. None. I was a little hungry but drank a bit of water instead of eating. Eating during the night is one bad habit I don't have and don't want. 

Of course, a trip to the bathroom was necessary about every 45 minutes. I was busy all night doing one thing or another. 

Finally, at about 7 am, I came back here into the living room and plugged up my laptop. Tommy never missed a beat. Just now he saw a light and my face--laptop light shining on me. About 8 am I went to bed and slept, waking around 1 pm. 

The pillowcases, wash cloths and hand towels are ready to put away. A huge package of bscb will be dinner tonight and probably the rest of the week. I need to cook the zucchini tonight or it might spoil! And, we need to empty the dishwasher! That is more than enough for me this afternoon. 

It is a dreary Sunday, but that is okay. I have nothing planned, anyway. Maybe we will get the tree and fake poinsettia put away. That's a dream. 

Did you get snow? Do you think a loveseat would dry and be useful?


8 comments:

  1. I hate nights like that. No snow here.
    The frame and springs could still be useful to someone who does upholstery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      It is taking its toll on me today. Maybe so.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a VERY rough night...We don't get snow here by Myrtle Beach but we did get a lot, a lot of rain.. As for the loveseat.. I don't think it's really salvageable. Its soaked through with rain water... Unfortunately, I think it's a done deal.. I hope you're feeling better today...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn,
      Yes, it was awful. Was there ever a chance it would snow? I mean do you ever get snow? You are correct about the love seat. I decided to move on emotionally from the loss for someone. Oh well! I slept late, but feel better.

      Delete
  3. Nights like that are rough. I'm glad you were finally able to get a little bit of sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got snow then rain here in my part of the Northeast. Messy travel this morning. But the rain has stopped and sanding is happening now before everything freezes up again.

    I think the loveseat is a goner. It's too bad that someone didn't claim it, but the good thing is you don't have to deal with it anymore.

    Sounds like your back could use one of those handheld grabbers for picking things off the floor or reaching stuff down from up high?
    Here's one that doesn't rely on a typical hand squeeze mechanism (your hands are arthritic, if I remember correctly?)

    https://www.homedepot.com/p/HealthSmart-Griploc-Sliding-Reacher-43-in-with-PowerSlide-Technology-in-Green-640-1900-0001/315376523

    I have one similar to the link and use it all the time for reaching stuff out of the back of my higher cabinets. Mine is 32"

    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Drive-Medical-Handy-Grabber-Reaching-Aid/914409522

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I hate the ice! Stay in and stay safe.

      You are right about the loveseat! But, now we have to deal with getting it off the lawn!

      We have a grabber in the kitchen and one near Tommy. Just yesterday, he said we need more, one for bedroom, one for me in here and one for the car...lol. So, I suppose we need to buy a case of them. The squeeze ones hurt my had over time. I will look into that. Yes, I do have age-related arthritis.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...