Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Three Things You Can Do to Live Longer and Monday Evening

 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO LIVE LONGER.

Do you do any of these three things? 

On Monday night, Tommy knocked a can of WD40 off the kitchen counter. I told him to just leave it and I would pick it up since he cannot reach it and I can.  He was waiting on his plate of chicken, potatoes, and broccoli.  I finished up serving dinner. Several times, I was on the verge of going to the kitchen and did not. Tommy went into the kitchen and came back telling me the can of WD40 had leaked all over the floor. It was in a streak from one side to the other in the kitchen. He asked what to use to clean it. I suggested paper towels to soak it up, some Dawn, and then water to get up the Dawn.

I have a Swiffer thing and showed him how to put a dish cloth in the little holes, so he did. It took a while, but he got it clean. He said there is a clean streak about two feet wide across the kitchen. 

We both were sure I would have fallen if I had gone into the kitchen. He saw the "wet" place and put his walker on the other side and managed to step over the stream of WD40.

As he opened the door to put a cardboard box soaked in WD40 in the trash outside, he exclaimed, 
"It's gone!" I thought the car was stolen. Someone took the love seat. I suppose someone is going to dry it out and use it.   

I received a call that the recliners are in. So, I need to find someone to get things out of the living room before they chairs are brought in. I cannot believe it only took from Thursday to Monday to get it in stock. 

Last night, the three-foot Christmas tree was stuffed into its tiny box and is stored away. Now, I need to cover the poinsetttia and have Tommy ride it to the room on his walker where I store it and I can carry it from there. That is the end of Christmas. 

Do you make a concerted effort to do any of these three things to live longer? What other things do you make sure you include in your life to improve mental or physical health?

12 comments:

  1. I laughed out loud at the clean streak. I’m glad you all didn’t slip in any of that. Glad someone took the love seat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I laughed, too, when he told me. That would have been horrible! It made me sad the loveseat was wasted, so I was pretty happy.

      Delete
  2. I suppose the WD40 ate down a layer of the floor top coat/laminate/varnish and the result looks cleaner. I'm not sure what kid of floor you have. I suppose it could also have just been build up now removed. I remember dropping an egg once before mopping the floor-best cleaner ever, LOL. The spot I wiped up was immaculate compared to the floor yet to be mopped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam,
      The finish seems okay, just shinier. I never knew an egg would do that. I suppose I could throw eggs on the floor! Interesting.

      Delete
  3. Yes I actually try to do all 3 of those things!! I think all of those not only help you live longer but they also make you happier overall. I also have read that doing puzzles, particularly word puzzles or suduko type games help keep dementia at bay.
    Glad your new recliners are in and your loveseat found a new home! And good job for finally getting Christmas down too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      These things are so easy, so doing them is not a chore. I love word puzzles. I prefer doing algebra to soduko. The furniture department is coming along! All I had to do was tell Tommy where the tree box was, have him get it, stuff the tree in and put it back. Hard, huh? lol

      Delete
    2. Tommy is a good helper! My hubby got in on the action of taking the tree down this year too which I appreciated. I also love doing algebra & never met anyone else who does too so that's awesome!! Do you play any word puzzles or games online? If so, maybe we can play each other sometime :)

      Delete
    3. Bri,
      Tommy handles the tree because it makes my hands itch no matter what I put on my hands. It gets me even through gloves. The only reason I love doing algebra is because I finally learned how to do it! No, I never play online.

      Delete
  4. Huh--I just now realized that the heading at the top is a link. Dopey me!
    I don't seem to read much these days, as I am not finding much enjoyable new material. So many new works are absolute rubbish and I have no idea how they ever got printed in the first place.
    I need to go back to the classics. Maybe I'll dust off my copy of "Babbitt" by Sinclair Lewis. Or "An American Tragedy" by Theodore Dreiser. Incredible novels, those! I think the last really good book I read was "Possession" by A.S. Byatt.

    I support others when and where I can do so appropriately.

    Facebook? Nope. Never. Too many dumb people on it, braying their uneducated opinions about stupid stuff. I try to stay away from all social media. It's all artifice and no reality.

    I hate picture puzzles, but love word games like crossword. I'd rather take a bullet to the head than do Sudoku. My favorite board game is Sequence. I'm good at poker because I have no tells.

    And more than any of the above, I am pinning my hopes on daily bulletproof coffee to keep my brain from turning to oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The people on my fb are different from the idiots. I think not many people realized it was a link.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...