Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Our Chairs, Pain, Grapico, Paperwhites

 


I finally found the lift recliners online that Tommy bought. Notice, they don't have the big, bumpy pillow behind the head. The back is flat. The color is supposed to be Truffle. Tommy says they look brown. I think they look green. I think I copied the brown one here, not Truffle. 



The gray chair above looks identical to the one I bought the same day he bought the recliners, but mine is gray fabric. Notice how wide the arms are. I could put a dinner plate safely on the arms. My chair is massive. The seat was high enough that I could rise much more easily than I could from the love seat. The seat is very firm. The back is supportive. But, it is an ugly chair, big and clunky. I didn't want anything delicate looking, but this chair does not speak to me. It is not my style! If I saw it in your house, I would have no negative opinion. 

If I had known that the recliners would be ready for delivery only four days later, I would have never ordered this chair. It was delivered that day. Since I waited for three months for the recliners Tommy paid for at Laz y boy, I assumed there would be a long wait for the ones we got four days later. It was on sale and cheap, so now we can have company...lol. 

Several days ago, I had a pain below my breastbone. It continued for about three days and pain moved further down with churning feelings. Finally, I spent Sunday wearing a path to the bathroom. Monday, Tommy thought we were going to Cullman. No, not at this rate. And, I decided not to go today, Tuesday, because I was not sure the ordeal was over. Apparently, I am okay, but it did not want to be on the road and desperately need to find a bathroom. I will stick close to home for today. 

Even taking 100,000 iu of Vit D for months, my Vit D level, was not rising. So, the doctor told me he thought I should take 5,000 iu every day. Walgreen's employees where I go would not get it from otc, so I went elsewhere. CVS is always very accommodating with otc. But, I went to big box and found the brand suggested--Nature Made. 

I could only find 1000 in chewable. I thought they were gummies. No, tablets. They taste like Sweet Tarts to me. Tommy can smell them across the room and thinks they smell like Grapico. I love these chewables. Unfortunately, I ordered what I wanted, the 5,000 IU from Amazon and will soon have to switch to swallowing instead of the tasty chewables that are like candy! 

Yesterday, I put a pot of dirt near the door. TODAY is the day we plant paperwhites!

So, how do you like my new chairs? I don't even care if you don't like them. Do you have any tasty chewables that actually taste like candy? 

23 comments:

  1. The recliner looks comfy- the other one does not, LOL, but it's not terribly ugly. I take a daily vitamin that is gummies that tastes like candy. I got some vitamin d gummies, but they taste awful, so I went back to the regular pills for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      The chair is very comfortable! I bought it for comfort and price, not for looks. I just don't like clunky, square furniture for my home. There were two chairs on sale. The other was very dark brown and had great style. But, I decided on the lighter and smaller chair. If you find D that are tablets and chewable, they are a treat to eat. But, I have to chew five, no problem...lol. I am glad to know the gummies are awful, so I will never get those if I can help it. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I like both chairs. I take a daily chewable aspirin but it doesn't taste like candy. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      Both chairs are comfortable. That was all I had time to look for right then. DO NOT take a chewable aspirin. My doctor says no one should take them daily. Get one to swallow.

      Delete
    2. Can you tell us why the doctor says don't take a chewable aspirin?

      Delete
    3. Joyful,
      Aspirin can damage the stomach lining.

      Delete
  3. The 2nd chair is much like my neighbor's new chair - which in reality is comfortable. If you don't like the look, throw a pretty throw or quilt over it to brighten it up.
    I have chewable Vit. C and gummy multi vitamins and Airborne in gummies (basically high Vit C)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Nothing can hide the shape and size! Throwing over it would just emphasize the shape and size! What does chewable vit c taste like? Oranges?

      Delete
  4. I like them very much, I wish I lived close as I could come over and help you some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      You have too much to do! But, thanks so much for the offer.

      Delete
  5. I like the recliner (but not a fan of recliners). It does look nice & comfortable. The bottom chair is ok too - maybe looks like a large chair you might find in a motel lobby. I do like the upholstery and the large stitching on it! Pat/Central Texas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jpark22,
      I don't like the look of recliners, but I need it. LOL...yes, it does look like a motel lobby chair. It is oversized and so large it needs a lobby to hold it!

      Delete
  6. The top recliner is similar to the one my DH had for a good number of years. It was the most comfortable chair in the house. Does yours have a battery pack? I wasn't wild about the looks of it, plus, it was microfiber, so a lot of static shocks! Nonetheless, it held up well, the fabric was forgiving of spills, and, again, it was comfortable, so I grew to love it. We replaced it with a leather wing chair recliner, which, while very comfortable, not as comfortable as the power recliner. It does, however, suit our space better.
    I like the other chair as well. It's perfectly fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      We have to get our own battery pack, which I do intend to do. I have no idea how I could get out of this otherwise. Yes, chairs and tastes are personal.

      Delete
  7. I like both chairs, I think they were good choices. I agree with Cheryl, if you add a couple of throw pillows and a throw it will help soften the square look. I have a couple of orange chairs that are similar but with rounded arms. I have pillows and throws on most
    of my chairs, it just makes the house warm and cozy. I have throws on the sofa for me and two tiny pups that sit with me. I also use them to bring color in, I favor orange, turquois and a sage type of green. I have a brown leather couch and recliner (this was my Mom's chair when she lived with me.) I needed to brighten things up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both have a quilt to protect them from us eating! Tommy refuses to have throw pillows. However, we both have a travel pillow in a pillowcase for extra head support when and if we need it. I would be adding reds and pinkish tones or blues and florals, definitely not any of your colors. I have never had those colors in my house. If I ever get a leather couch, it will be red. Well, in my mind, anyway.

      He might allow a pillow in that chair, but I won't buy one. I need to make it and don't have my sewing machine where I can sew.

      Delete
    2. My response sounded judgy. Your colors go well together.

      Delete
  8. Both are nice and comfort matters. I'm glad you're having less pain getting up and down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't worry you did not offend me. Everyone likes different colors.My leather couch if very old, I need a new one but I have the little dogs, the power reclining still works. If it ain't broke don't fix it as they say. As far as the pillows and stuff I was talking about the extra chair. I just thought if you softened the squareness with pillows and a throw you might like it better but I still think it was a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The chair in the first photo is almost exactly like the one I bought my mother and have now in my living room. The only difference is the lines of quilting. Mine only has one going vertically across at the top and one in the foot rest. Even the colour is the same. I agree that there isn't a lot of softness in the seat but I prefer that to sinking into the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joyful,
      Yes, what is this with drowning into fabric and stuffing?

      Delete
  11. oh to have a comfy chair!
    Good for you two!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...