Thursday, March 31, 2022

And, the Doctor Said and Senior Easter Egg Hunt

 

Brown eggs from my chickens that I dyed years ago with color tablets and vinegar. Fancy laid some of these eggs.


I dragged myself to the doctor. I have no uti and cannot figure why I have so much exhaustion, malaise, lack of caring...lol. He suggested it could be allergies. I think he is correct even though I absolutely have no symptoms. My blood pressure was extremely low, O high, and pulse low. 

This happened once before long ago, about 45 years ago. I went to doctor and we decided it was allergies. The malaise went on about 3 weeks and for no reason. It was orange juice I drank every morning. It seems sometimes I can have citrus but not in the spring when other allergies are worse for me. 

Doctor said this is a really bad allergy season, worst than usual. He had no suggestions. So, I need to take allergy meds and figure out what I am eating is helping me feel so awful. He said malaise was playing prominently in the symptoms of others. 

Since I only slept 3 hours last night, I can imagine lack of sleep is part of the problem right now. We are expecting bad weather until about 2 am, so I will be up anyway. Well, I won't give in to the tiredness. 

I was going to move things on the porch, but already the wind is too bad for me to try to rescue things that might blow away. 

I won't be going to the Senior Easter Egg Hunt in Cullman. One of those spry elderly people who is overly  competitive might knock me over. I don't know how I would handle a walker and a reacher/grabber at the same time. There is one old guy who is really short who comes to me with a huge smile and tries to flirt by poking me in the arm and really hurting me. I would hate to have him arrested at an Easter Egg Hunt. He won't listen to me and tells me he is not hurting me and hits my arm again. I am fed up with letting it go and giving in to his male ego and privilege. 

We might watch children hunt eggs in the park. 

12 comments:

  1. I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling any better. It is frustrating to go to the doctor and not get an answer or medicine to help you feel better. I always find March the month I too feel bad. I had allergies as a child but think I grew out of it, as they say. Just try to rest, relax and spoil yourself. For me, cooking good food, napping and hot showers help the muscles relax. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      It seems my allergies just got worse. I am calling back for meds.

      Delete
    2. Sorry it is worse, my son suffers so much this time of year. He has finally listened to the doctor and takes daily allergy medicine. It also helps a lot with his allergy related asthma. He does not have to use his inhaler or do a home breathing treatment as often.

      Delete
  2. We will have a hunt in our yard for our grand kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might want to check out histamine intolerance, which can also be caused by food. Google "low histamine diet which foods to avoid" and that may help you find some relief. I hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Senior Easter Egg Hunt? Seriously? Who thought that was a good idea? It seems pretty demeaning to me.

    Although I'd pay good money to watch one, as long as I could bring a six pack. And dang, I would surely love to watch you have some old dude arrested for assault at one. Cops at an egg hunt! LOL! That's comedy gold.

    You need to carry an umbrella or a cane so you can whack people that are hurting you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Yeah, it would be pretty demeaning. How does that happen with walkers, canes, and poor balance? I have already consulted the police. They said to call. I mean, three times? When I had crutches, a woman shoved me, and as I was staggering, trying not to fall, I accidentally whacked her in the back with a crutch.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...