Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Better and Gunsmoke

 I think I am better or it could be because I completely missed on dose of meds and feel better because I am not overdosing on antibiotic. I am also take azo cranberry tablets. Maybe I will be cured!

Dinner tonight: chicken with the maple  bourbon spices, carrots, zucchini--all in cooking bag. It is almost done. Leftover slaw will be finished, too. 

I don't think we have any vegetables left in the refrigerator. Maybe there is something in the freezer. Oh, yes! I remember seeing fresh corn cut off the cob in the freezer. We do have salad greens. Tonight, I will also cook pork cutlets. Tommy will chop the ground sirloin and cook it for future meals. 

Still, there are cabbages, zucchini and acorn squash. Maybe tomorrow. I poured off the liquid the chicken, zucchini and carrots left. I had seasoned it all with McCormick Grill Mates Smokehouse Maple. So, the lentils will have that for flavoring. I think it will be a good seasoning for lentils. Maybe?

Matt Dillon wore the same lavender shirt for the whole time in the color version of Gunsmoke. I suppose dressing Kitty blew the  budget for his wardrobe. Did you ever notice the shirt, the same shirt for years?

Today, there was severe flooding in Birmingham in the same places it always floods. 

Monday night, when I went to bed. I was having reflux. It was so bad I got up and came into the living room about 4:30 am to sit up. I read on the laptop and made no noise or turned on a light. I slept in bed from about 8am until noon.  

Tuesday night, same thing except I came in the living room and slept in my chair. I let it all the way back and put a tiny, thin throw over my body from chest down. My arms were cold, so I reached and got a nightgown from top of dirty clothes and covered with that. When I went to the bathroom, I got a hoodie and slept with it zipped and the hood up, still in my chair. At 1:30 pm, I went to my bed and slept for another hour. My day began at 3 pm today! 

Maybe we should elect a comedian as President.




19 comments:

  1. Jerry Seinfeld for president! No more of a joke than we have now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lana,
      I was thinking of Jimmy Kimmel. I don't think Biden is a joke, though.

      Delete
  2. Your chicken dinner sounds delicious. I was having a little bit of reflux lately, but now that you mention it, I haven't noticed it the past few evenings, so that is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I had not taken my med for reflux for three days. I put it off each day so it would not interfere with the antibiotic. I paid for that decision.

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure if I can ask you this, but do you and Tommy eat and live so well on Social Security? "Asking for a friend" but really for myself who does live on Social Security. Not easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Connie,
      It just depends on what you mean by "live well." We are not extravagant. Credit cards are paid off each month. I go to food gievaway, so dinner last night was free food.

      Delete
    2. Connie,
      No, I paid full price for the zucchini!

      Delete
  4. Reflux - I hear you!. I use 1 teaspoon of bicarb soda in a glass of warm water. Instant relief (works for me anyway) and allows me to get back to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil,
      I wish that would work for me. I take a prescription! And, I can miss one day, but not two days!

      Delete
  5. I hope your UTI is resolved. Those are not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to know you're feeling better, except for the reflux. Next time (hopefully there won't be a next time?) ask the pharmacist how to integrate the antibiotic into your regular medicine regimen so you don't feel you must temporarily eliminate a regular med.

    Mmmm, I love McCormick's Brown Sugar Bourbon and Smokehouse Maple spices! They smell and taste incredible on poultry and burgers. I'm not sure how I'd feel about putting either on lentils, though.

    Yesterday's dinner was corned beef along with the usual cabbage, onions, carrots, and potatoes. I only had the beef and cabbage. So good, but so fatty and salty! I was too cheap to pay extra for the lower-sodium version. ;^)

    My lunch today is stir-fried broccoli slaw (if it's too wilty for fresh salad I always salvage it in a stir fry) with a hit of G Hughes sugar-free teriyaki sauce, homemade mashed cauliflower, and a turkey burger pan fried with Smokehouse Maple seasoning. YUM. Dang, I love me some mashed cauliflower!

    A comedian as president is a fine idea. I propose Steven Colbert! He is smart, funny, and loves Radiohead as much as I do. My kinda guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Now, I need cauliflower! When I put the carrots in with the seasoned chicken, the vegetables are not directly seasoned, so not too spicy but with chicken flavor on them.
      Your lunch makes me hungry now! I love the broccoli slaw mix. I had some that was not old, but heading that way. I put the whole bag in a pot of soup.
      Colbert would work for me!

      Delete
  7. P.S. I never noticed Matt Dillon's lack of shirt change before. Maybe they were trying to portray that he was a serious lawman who didn't have a wife to launder his shirt(s) regularly. LOL!

    Lavender is an...interesting...choice for a big manly man like Matt. But I am sure he would never lose Miss Kitty's adoration over his wardrobe. I'll wager Miss Kitty liked him best in what God gave him!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Lavender or some sort of pinky color. She gets her digs in on his lack of action marrying her. Funny.

      Delete
  8. PPS: I also sleep in the recliner--when my sinuses are so socked in that nasal spray doesn't help. It's not a horrible night's sleep, actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      This was the first time. I have to sleep on my side, so I woke all bent and hurting...lol. But, I did not have reflux, so it was a good sleep.

      Delete
  9. I have never seen Gunsmoke.
    I wonder if this was intentionally done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      What intentionally done? You should really see Gunsmoke a few times.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...