Monday, March 28, 2022

Monday This and That, Nothing Much to see Here

The weather is beautiful here and I am too ill to really enjoy it. Today, I went to St Vincent's to a lab. Well, they brought out a wheelchair with only one arm to transport me from the car to inside. I said I was afraid I would fall. They insisted I just sit down and it would be okay. "Can't you sit down with just one hand?" They did not take it well when I said I have to use both hands to lower and balance myself. Finally, I said, "When I fall on the pavement you won't be happy and neither will I." They suggested I take a sample bottle home and bring it back. 

That is a real pain in the neck, but I did. They gave me five bottles for later. So, now I must go back tomorrow and call them to come out and get the sample. Now, I will not have to get out and go to the lab. This will be so much better even though it is a long drive. 

I am faithfully taking my Azo Cranberry and have been since last week. I am very ill. 

I need to sow seeds outdoors and start some seeds inside.  I might topple over if I try to garden, even in pots. 

Matt Dillon backhanded so many people and slugged them that I am sure he must have damaged his hand enough to bring on arthritis. It is a wonder he remained a fast gun. 

I lost a bottle of meds and had to pay for more myself. I paid $17 for ten pills! That is a lot of money for me. 

Dinner Monday night was leftovers--hamburger, carrots, potatoes, and cauliflower. In a few minutes, we will go in and load the dishwasher. I wanted to put chicken in the oven and assemble the taco soup, but I think it is too late, almost 10 pm. 

If I can, tomorrow, I will make hummingbird feed and load a feeder and put it out. I am not sure when they return around here. 

Has anyone put out a hummingbird feeder yet? When will you hang one? 

10 comments:

  1. Hummingbird feeders usually go up late April here - but I am hundreds of miles north of you. I know some people south that leave them out all year.
    Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Since it has been so warm, I figured late March would work. I think I needed a break from all that washing of feeders. It is a chore!

      Delete
  2. According to this article, you should put your feeder out now.

    https://www.thespruce.com/when-to-put-out-hummingbird-feeders-385951

    I will put mine out in early April.

    Ugh, it's horrible to think the dreaded UTI may be reappearing. Good that you keep taking the cranberry, though. You need to take them for a while so they can take effect. Consider a probiotic as well, if you don't eat yogurt daily. And drink your water/tea. Now say, "Yes, Mom!" and do as you're told. LOL! ;^) ;^)

    I have never heard of nor seen a one-armed wheelchair. And I can understand why you didn't want to risk getting into it.

    Matt Dillon was a wonder. Women adored him, villians feared him, and good men waited for his command. I don't think arthritis would dare make an appearance in his life. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      The weather was my clue that it might be time to put out the feeders.

      I was taking the cranberry faithfully. I don't think I ever got over the last one because I only had five days of antibiotic.

      The wheelchair was broken! I have never seen a broken arm either.

      I love Gunsmoke.

      Delete
  3. We don't get the hummingbirds back up here in the mountains in the north until May, so I still have to wait awhile longer. Which reminds me, I was going to order another feeder. I have 2 different kinds and I don't like one of them. You can't get inside the little opening to get it cleaned inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      The thing I don't like is the same--cannot open the reservoir to clean it. One I ordered turned yellowish instead of staying clear. So, I am more careful when thinking about ordering another.

      Delete
  4. I can't believe a medical professional would act that way...then again, with my husband's hospitalization in November, I rather think I *could* believe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg B.
      i have had so many broken wheelchairs brought to me, the it boggles the mind!

      Delete
  5. It's crazy that they expected you to get into a one armed wheel chair unless they had a nurse there to support your arm and you as you sat down, and another person to be at the back of the wheelchair in case your legs or body started to push the chair out from under you. I hope if anyone gets hurt getting into one of those broken wheelchairs they sue the shhhh of of the hospital.

    One time when I was in the hospital they had a defective recliner. It was a manual lever one and when you put the leg support down,it wouldn't stay down. It stayed down long enough to let me stand up after I got off the chair and then would suddenly pop back out full force and hit the back of my legs. That was before my knee problems and I had enough balance and strength that I didn't get knocked down by it. I told the nurse about it and she said to be sure and call us in when you need to get up from the chair so we can be sure you don't fall forward if it does it again. When the nurses came in to help me the next time, they couldn't believe how that leg support part of the chair popped back open with so much force. They had to work and work to try and get it to stay closed up. It was like something on one of those mean prank shows on tv. It looks like with the prices we pay to be in the hospital they could have furnishings that were in working order. It must be impossible to sue them for injuries caused by defective furnishings.

    I am fairly heavy and it used to worry me when I was in the hospital and there would be only one very petite young nurse to help me up immediately after my knee surgery. My knees were strong enough, but after the anesthesia and then not sleeping at night my balance was off. I was worried I would fall and she would hurt herself trying to hold onto me. My daughter is an RN and in her 30's and petite and her hip already gives her problems. I know it is from helping patients that really need two medical staff to support them instead of just one, but so much of the time there just aren't enough nurses and assistants available to do all that needs to be done.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      That sounds like a nughtmare chair. There two nurses and the brakes did not work, so they both held it. We were told to park where the car was facing downhill. The missing arm was on the downhill side. neither woman was tall and both were a bit overweight. They could not have managed the wheelchair and me!

      When I had a hysterectomy, the woman refused to lock the wheels with me repeatedly asking. Then, she pushed the wc into the back of my knees and made me fall onto the floor. It was a nightmare! Here I am on the floor before surgery.

      I hope your daughter does not have permanent damage. too bad.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...