Saturday, March 19, 2022

Saturday a Lot of Nothings but Busy

 Saturday morning, we went to Cullman. 

*I found eggs, 18 for $3.89. I paid $5+ for the last carton of 18. 

*Tommy found gas for less.

*My yard is still there.

*Mail in the box was not crowded and wadded. YAY! Usually, I have to pick it out one letter at a time. 

*I slept 1.5 hours the night before and as of 10 pm, still cannot sleep.

*Skies were a cobalt blue with amazing white, fluffy clouds.

*Friday night, I put color on my hair. It is the first time in 2 weeks that my hair was clean. I had a strip over 2" wide on top of my head. So, you know I felt awful. 

*At 1 am I scrambled eggs for the morning because I did not want to cook Saturday morning. 

*Tommy had one of the sausage patties I bought instead of stopping at Hardee's. The patties were a little on the expensive side, but it appears he has broken the Hardee's habit.

*I talked face to face with my friend who is having knee replacement surgery on Tuesday morning.

*While I was in town, I talked on the phone to friend whose husband has cancer. The news so far is good. 

*I was given 16 quarter pound hamburgers in a box. We had one each for dinner. 

*Dinner--Tommy had patty with green beans, tomatoes, and zucchini. I had patty and green beans and tomato. 

*I roasted two radishes as a test along with the hamburgers in the oven. Roasting did take away the bite. 

*Received 4 cans of green beans and a cabbage along with other food. 

*Bought two Romaine plants.

*Found Ball rings and lids, so bought two of wide mouth and two of regular. Whopping $30 for the four packages. When I bought the lids a few weeks ago, they did not have the bands and lids in one box.

*Ordered a card reader since laptop did not come with slot for sd card! I did not go with the $200 reader, just got one for $9.99. 

Did you plant anything this weekend? What seeds did you sow? Are you killing fireants like I am? 

Since the last two weeks have seen things sort of pile up around here, I am decluttering flat surfaces. Mostly, I have been just putting things down and never putting things where they go. 


8 comments:

  1. How nice on all the free hamburger patties - Nice savings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decluttered my Moms room for her this weekend. We have two huge fire ant nests here, but they are out in the woods, so I don’t bother with them.

    You’ve been busy this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I wish someone would declutter my house! If you put bait around the fireants, they won't survive to spread. They will spread. I was in the woods when fireants bit me up to top of my leg. So, finding in the woods would scare me.

      Delete
  3. Last weekend I put several peppers and a few tomatoes into pots in the backyard. I am glad to report 'so far so good' they are thriving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I am glad. Maybe with a few things to tend, you can get them through the heat of summer. Tomatoes will burn up in the summer sun. They needs sun but can die in too much heat and sun.

      Delete
  4. My goodness you have accomplished a lot! I need a nap just after reading your post!

    I love roasted radishes! Have you ever had a watermelon radish? They are not only pretty they are delish!

    I am glad we don't have fire ants here in CT. If we had them, I would kill them anywhere I found them, lawn or woods. Wouldn't want them on my property whatsoever!

    Good job breaking Tommy of his Hardee's habit. One sausage patty is SO much less damaging than a sausage biscuit!

    16 free 1/4lb burgers w/ gr. beans, cabbage, and whatnot? NICE!

    Here's hoping you get some good, deep sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Sue,
      Fireant bait is the way to get rid of them. They carry bait back to whole nest. When you poison fireants, they just move the nest.

      I saw seeds for watermelon radish. Maybe I will get those seeds.

      The hamburgers were a boon along with the rest of the food.

      I did not do anything but provide sausage at home! He just changed over. When we got one after four months without, they were horribly salty.

      I slept well Saturday night and then took a 3+ hour nap in my recliner! A long day exhausts me even if it is just riding in the car.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...