Saturday, March 12, 2022

Snow

 I had two doctors set to give me meds. Well, that is the way I planned it so that if one fell through, I could talk to the other. My doctor called in an antibiotic. If I am not getting better by Monday, I am to go have a urinalysis done. 

I went to the pharmacy and they had received no prescription. When she said this, I asked her to check if it had been sent to another location in the chain. She said she could not do that, for me to go home and call other pharmacies in the chain to see if someone else had my prescription. I told her this chain had a system so she could see any prescription sent anywhere for me today. She denied this and printed a sheet with the name of the prescription. She was new, but several times she turned around and asked someone about what I said. Tommy did not take the paper from the window!

When the wind picked up, something was banging outside. It seemed to be the door was opening and shutting with the window. Tommy is never concerned. I was fretting a bit. Finally, I figured what it was. Remember the utility shed blown over? Well, it is tethered with an electrical line where someone ran power to it. So, it is whacking around when the wind blows. Tommy is entirely unconcerned that the woman next door has her bedroom right next to noise. sigh

For dinner--I put four hamburgers on a tray in the oven and sprinkled just a bit of onion soup mix and then steamed broccoli and carrots. So, dinner is done for tomorrow night. Maybe not since I was starving and ate two of the burgers and lots of broccoli and carrots. 

The temperature was over 70F when we went out today. Now, almost midnight and the temps have dropped and the wind is fierce. We are supposed to get a bit of snow tonight. Tommy put my pot of sedum joy into a larger pot, turned a bowl over it and tucked a heavy towel around it. I just hope the wind does not blow the towel away. The temp is predicted to be 28F Friday night and 20F on Saturday night.

Saturday morning here. It did snow, completely covering the grass, By 7am, the grass could be seen. Now, at 9 am, most of the snow is gone. That's the way we do it in the South. And, that's okay with me. 

Since it was cold last night, I slept with the blanket tightly against my neck and head. Consequently, I became too hot and awoke with an extremely sore throat. I have been up for 45 minutes and am going back to bed.


2 comments:

  1. The snow was pretty for a few minutes until the sun came out!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...