Sunday, March 13, 2022

Sunday Maybe

 Well, it appears I am finally getting a bit better. I finally went to sleep last night and slept five hours solid. But, since DST has set in, I did not get up at noon, but 1 pm. Don't get  me wrong, I still feel very ill. 

Around dinner time on Saturday night, I told Tommy I would cook dinner if he came and helped me. I stood in front of the sink and counter and told him what I needed--cookie sheet, fork, cooking bag, etc.  He was very willing to help. I did not move my feet and held onto the counter. 

Pork loin roast, potatoes, carrots, zucchini, bell pepper, and half a stalk of celery. The celery was only for the flavor. I put garlic powder on the roast. He peeled the potatoes before we went to the kitchen. It was a delicious dinner. I needed it. 

Remember when the utility room door banged for half the evening and Tommy had to go out in the rain and put something against it? Well, something started banging again in the wind late Friday. On Saturday morning I could barely get to the door, but when I tried to go out, I almost fell on the ice on the ramp. 

The ice remained until the sun came out and shone on the ice. I finally went out and struggled every step and found the door closed. He had put my heavy umbrella stand against the door. It was now shoved three feet away. I moved the umbrella stand back in front of the door and added a bag of potting mix. 

I barely made it up the ramp. On my best day, the ramp is difficult. Tommy told me all along that the door was secure. I fell into my chair and finally put it all the way back, turned on my side and slept for almost three hours. 

I opened a can of tomato soup and he tended it. I waited so long that my half cup of soup was almost cold. That is how tired I was, too tired to drink soup.

Saturday, I read blogs but only commented on one blog. Except for the trek to the utility room and standing at the kitchen counter while he gave me things I needed for dinner, I did not move except to go to the bathroom. Tommy waited on me hand and foot. Today may be no different. 

Typing has exhausted me. 

He just went into the kitchen to get me lunch--apple, cheese, knife, and bread. Dinner will be leftovers from Friday and Saturday night. There were not enough leftovers from Friday to eat on Saturday night. 

16 comments:

  1. I have a 24 inch stool in my kitchen and sit to do most chores in there which makes it much easier for this old body. You need one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m glad you are doing a little better and wish it were more. Yes, you need a stool in the kitchen. A 24 inch stool is the perfect height to sit and reach the counter comfortably.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Hopefully, I will continue to improve. A stool might be helpful.

      Delete
  3. I'm so sorry you are feeling poorly! I hope Monday finds you on the mend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been away and didn't know you were ill. It sounds like you have a very bad infection, how miserable.
    I'm glad Tommy is looking after you, hang in there

    ReplyDelete
  5. kylie,
    I was not aware until wed night and Thursday. So, I have meds and hopefully will feel better soon. I have wanted little, but he fetches whatever ffor me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you will be feeling better soon. The weather here is going to be so pretty today and in the 60's. I wish I could go out in it,but the wind is strong and the pollen that I am allergic to is blowing around. I cooked and seasoned burger for tacos today, ate dinner, and cleaned up after, finished up,reclined to watch tv and slept for hours and hours. Sleep helps heal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is 60F right now. Very pretty out with a little breeze, but I will be staying too. My allergies are already bothering me on top of this. I could not get to sleep until 7 am today.

      Delete
  7. I haven't blogged for a few days I hope you got an antibiotic.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...