Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Can I Get a Win Here?

 I had four things to do on Tuesday. We left at an ungodly hour again and got there on time. Well, we called when no one seemed to be there, and the event was cancelled. WHAT? No notice? 

We stopped by Verizon since the woman was trying to figure out why I did not get a phone charger and still paid full price. She told us she would be working Tuesday and we said we would come by on Tuesday. Okay, I struggled inside and she is sick, did not come to work! Okay! Two fails.

There was a slight overlap on three and four, so we decided not to stress ourselves and just go to chore four. It worked. Success for the first time today. 

I am exhausted! If I had not gotten up at the crack of dawn or had gotten to sleep before 6 am, I would feel much better. Of course, tomorrow is a repeat of new plans. Let's see how that goes. 

It's almost 6 pm, so I have to decide what to eat. Do, I want to get out frozen meat and eat cabbage and green beans that is already cooked and in refrigerator? What kind of meat is frozen? Does Tommy want to peel potatoes and I will cook chicken drumsticks? Well, yes, he does. Since I don't eat drumsticks, that leaves me trying to find meat. I am just too tired! 

I know Kim is working herself hard. I am just waiting myself hard. 

Okay, dinner is ready, and I am not hungry and that is okay. My flowers are still so pretty! 

Do you ever set out with plans that are thwarted by others?...all day long? 

11 comments:

  1. Boy, you'd think a new phone would automatically come with a charger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      The woman with whom I spoke assured me it came with a charger and I paid for a charger. I did not like the guy who sold me the phone for a lot of reasons. She assured me she would get me a charger. When I asked him to make the phone do something, he said, "Go home and do it yourself." I should have backed out of the purchase right then. But, I was so stressed.

      Delete
  2. My most recent phone purchase came with a cord. But it was only the cord - nothing to plug into the wall. Which would have been fine, except for the fact that the 'wall' end of the cord was one of the new fittings and not a USB, so I had to buy an adapter for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      That is maddening! I think I heard something about that when the phone place, about needing to buy two pieces that I knew would be cheaper anywhere else.

      Delete
  3. What terrible customer service. I mean really? I hate waiting...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      When cs does their job, I am inordinately grateful, all because someone does do the job.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't say thwarted by others but often things do not go my way. Seems every time I get one problem solved, another pops up. I know this is the normal stuff of every day life but as I get older, it is just harder mentally and physically to do what used to be no big deal. Now I am aggravated all the time. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I do understand the aggravation. When I was younger, I could take things in stride but the walking involved is painful now. Plus, how dare someone waste my time. The woman who was sick was not aggravating except for the walking part.

      Delete
  5. My little flip phone suddenly became obsolete during the week I was real sick from my asthma, lack of sleep,,and reaction to prednisone taken for the asthma. I couldn't even think straight from the sleeplessness caused by the prednisone which when all of it combined I could not even think at all, let alone straight. Thank God my husband was able to pick out a phone for me and get the whple thing set up. I barely have used it yet, and barely know how. I liked my little old simple 3g phone a lot better. But it really was aggravating,and the aggravation was made even worse because with the health things I had going on I had trouble remembering the simplest directions on the day my husband was showing me how to do things. It made me realize just how hard on our bodies (and minds) severe sleep deprivation is.
    I would have been too tired to worry about cooking a real meal after the day you had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I am ill, sleep deprived, just tired, or aggravated, I need things written down! WRITE IT DOWN!! I did not cook, just heated. Oh, I told Tommy to microwave what he wanted for dinner. He did. I hope you got better.

      Delete
    2. My cooking, yes, I did "cook." I put drumsticks into the oven in a cooking bag.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...