Tuesday, May 31, 2022

I Think I Broke Tommy

 Still Memorial Day

At 1 pm, I went for a nap. Around 2:45 I awoke to go to the bathroom. Or, did I? I could hear rattling around somewhere in the house. Okay, he will quit. No, he did not. So, it was about time I wanted to get up since 3 pm was how long I wanted to sleep.

As I stood in the kitchen door, I was stunned. He had on a pair of clear plastic gloves and was using the pot where I boiled eggs to wash all sorts of utensils. 

I finally broke him. (not broke him in)

I went to my chair. Then, he dried everything and put it away! Having put on gloves made me think he was getting dishpan hands. I had moved one of the boxes into here, out of my room, so he uses them. 

THEN, he went outside and watered the flowers for the second time today. 

Around 5 pm, I noticed that the five ears of corn had all the silk removed and were drying on a dishtowel on the stove. Since I only planned to boil one ear each, I was shocked all were still out of the refrigerator. He said he only wanted one ear. Finally, I asked him to put the other three back in the refrigerator. 

Dinner was excellent. I heated the meat in bbq sauce. I love bbq of any kind with slaw. Of course, the corn was sweet and fresh and deviled eggs were a treat for me. He hates eggs so never eats deviled eggs.

I did not exactly break him. The one thing he does not do is wipe the water off the floor when he washes dishes. I suppose since he washes dishes and all sorts of stuff I will drop a towel on the wet floor and mop it up with my foot. He has never done any of these things before, so maybe he will catch on to the water on the floor. 

8 comments:

  1. You either broke him or you have him under some kind of spell I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice surprise to you. Glad to see he is trying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      It was a nice surprise to me, absolutely. He is capable.

      Delete
  3. Well we all crave order, some just need a little nudge to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I tell you, he loves to organize. I am always surprised when he takes it on himself to do it. If I ask him to organize anything once, he just takes it on as his job.

      Delete
  4. I love this...don't think I'll ever break my husband with dishes. Nope never. I hope he keeps it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vickie,
    Since he had dishes stacked up from two years before when I moved here, it is shocking. This was not my intent, but I am going with it. I rarely ever ask him, he just wanders in and washes dishes.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...