Saturday, July 9, 2022

Dolce and Gabbana, eBay, Ritz Crackers

 


As I sat on my bed briefly, I looked down at a pretty blue and white canvass bag I bought for $3 at a yard sale. I could not believe my eyes. There was a "Dolce and Gabbana" tag. I went on the internet and, yessiree, I bought a designer bag for $3. I thought it over. I enjoy having designer items, but hate having the label showing. This label is very unobtrusive. If I could sell this bag for a nifty profit, I would enjoy that even more.

The problem is that I really love this blue and white striped purse/tote! My daughter would love it, too. And, she would not care it is secondhand because it looks like new. However, I also want to sell it for a profit. The truth of the matter is I would seldom use it. 

The other problem is that I would have to sell on eBay. My first and only experience selling was a bad experience. I wasted my time. I found the same bag on eBay for $59 to $20. 

I have always liked Ritz Crackers, but I don't think I have ever bought a package. When there was a chance this last week to taste an oldy but goody, I was surprised and puzzled. They are even better than I remembered. The box has the name "Ritz" and "everything baked with onion, poppy seeds, garlic and sea salt." I love them. These are better than the original. I won't be purchasing them. 

This discovery led me to want to go to yard sales on Saturday. But, it appears heavy rain is in the forecast. So, that won't happen. Okay, Saturday now and just too hot. Besides, with the forecast of 80% chance of rain, I doubt people are having yard sales. It did rain lots, just not in Birmingham.

No rain will be good for the World Games held here this year. But, if it does not rain today, Tommy will have to go out in the heat to water the flowers. He waits until 7 pm in order to have the sun behind trees. I don't blame him. I stay inside and watch him...lol. He is a good man for watering.

Today, I will make the pimiento and cheese I have talked about for days and maybe some sugar-free Kool Aid and Jello, too. 

Do you buy and resell on eBay? Have you tried the new flavors of Ritz Crackers? 

20 comments:

  1. Wow what an amazing deal on the bag! It's always exciting to find a super low price on a super expensive product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COL,
      She had about two dozen bags, but this one caught my eye, color. I wish I had seen the brand and looked more. I just picked this from the table and left. I once bought Waterford Crystal for $9 and got another for $10. Yes, I resold them for $70 for the two.

      Delete
  2. I have only had the plain Ritz, which I love. Never sold or bought from E-Bay. No pay-pal account or anything. Call me old fashioned. I want to see what I am buying. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      This new Ritz is so different, just a bit of the other flavors. I wanted to sell and do buy a bit, like once a year. I agree with wanting to see what you are buying, especially used items.

      Delete
  3. I have sold on ebay in the past but it became too much of a hassle. I do buy things on ebay from time to time such as wwe wrestlers figures for my boys as my boys don't care that they are used they are just excited to get old school wrestlers and I I happy to only spend $10-20 for them versus the $100+ that some of the ones that are collectible go for.
    I have not tried the new ritz flavor but I love using ritz to make ritz cracker chicken. It is super yummy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      The buyers were my problem. The rest was easy. I would be buying those cheap figures, too!

      I think you would be pleased to use these new ritz for chicken.

      Delete
  4. I would send the bag to the daughter who would enjoy it!
    I have not tried the new flavors of Ritz and will only try it if I am not paying attention and come home with them by. mistake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      I am strongly considering it. I know she packs a beach bag for the beach so wonder if this might be useless since it is only 1-16. This flavor might be worth buying.

      Delete
  5. I'm not following why you wouldn't buy Ritz if you enjoyed them. DH bought two boxes of Ritz Garden Vegetable crackers and they were terrific with the cheese dip and hummus I made last weekend. If the seller had multiple DG bags, they might be copy cats. A vintage consignment store has pretty close dupes of Michael Kors bags- I was glad the sales person said they were copies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I didn't notice what else she had because my back was hurting. I don't need to be buying crackers! I think you and he would like these, too.

      Delete
  6. my teenage son made a ton of money selling his old video games/sneakers/tshirts on ebay but packing/shipping has to be done immediately and it's a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. obscure,
      It is all work. But, the buyers drained me. Tommy needs to sell his old equipment, but he is not ready he said.

      Delete
  7. I've bought many comics on eBay and had mostly good experiences. I tried selling for a while, but had so many issues with late/non-payment, wrong type of payment, complaints, etc. I gave up.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Breenlantern,
      I have bought few things with mostly good results. It is the selling that turned me off, too.

      Delete
  8. It has been ages since I was last on Ebay; I had forgotten they are still around.
    I like the handbag too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      When I search for anything, I usually get eBay. Thanks.

      Delete
  9. I sell on eBay. The last couple of years I have somewhat neglected my eBay business. John required 24/7 attention. I have TONS of merchandise to list. I am serious .....I have tote after tote to work with.
    I enjoy selling on eBay and through the years I have had very few issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I immediately sold six items and did not have a pleasant customer, not once.

      Delete
  10. What a great deal on the bag. That is one of the reasons I love to yard sale!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      It was just a cute bag until I saw the label several months later. I wanted to go to yard sales, like I could actually walk!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...