Friday, July 22, 2022

Lost Day or Not

 I spent it well, just not like I intended to spend it. I slept until 2:30. At 7 am or so, I awoke sweaty from the room heating up. Yes, it is that hot considering I was covered to spend the night in ac so I could breathe. 

What I intended to do was get a battery pack or something to run our chairs when we lose power. Since no rain is predicted for this weekend, I can do this on Saturday. I feel really good, so that is worth losing a day over getting one chore done. Everything else I need to do is right here. Besides, on Saturday we will rise and leave early.

Since the Mrs. Wages pickle mix has jalapenos, I am passing on that to someone who might use it. I will never use both the bags of bay leaves and have a bottle anyway from the store, and I will not use two bags of dill seeds, I am passing them on one of each. 

Tommy has a like-new sweater he has worn once. He hates it and has had it for ages, so it will go with his blessing. It is a heavy knit and has a zipper up the front. That goes. 

He still has not sorted the socks and refuses to sort the tshirts "right now!"   I don't say that, he does. I am sure he plans to do it right before she comes....sigh.  So, I will tell him the cleaner can sort. That should put a fire under him. 

Thursday night, we finally got the dishwasher loaded and he cleaned the sink. So, with lots of dishes and room to work, I may bake the cupcakes if I don't run out of steam tonight. 

He is in the kitchen chopping and cooking the ground beef. He learns. He suggested the chopped onions be added. He remembers what I do to cook. I have the two meatloaf burgers on cooking. I will make slaw to go with our other various vegetables and the meatloaf burgers for dinner. We are so boring. We don't care.

I have actually decluttered a bit today, actually at night. So, maybe the day was not completely lost to me. It just feels that way when I sleep so long. 

So, we will be dropping off at least one donation on Saturday. 

What is on your agenda for the weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Who cares if you are boring? Be what you want and what makes you comfortable. I am boring as well - that is fine with me. No drama!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Excitement no longer excites me...lol. I might be up for something but I am always tired. There is certainly no drama for this girl.

      Delete
  2. Laundry & tidying up the house. Next week I work, have 3 appointments & am meeting a friend for dinner, so I'm playing catch-up at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,
      That is a busy week to prepare. Dinner sounds good.

      Delete
    2. A friend & I make an effort to get together 1x/month. We already have August & October's outings penciled in.

      Delete
    3. Planning a meeting instead of waiting around for a chance must facilitate your doing it often.

      Delete
  3. I have some clothes to measure, it other than that nothing special. Your meatloaf burgers sound good. I’ve not thought of doing them like that before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      We just got in out of the heat, so measuring clothes sounds like a quiet and cool endeavor. It was delicious.

      Delete
  4. Moving, moving, and more moving. Movers come on Aug. 3, but we, that is to say the kids and I, (as DH can't help), are moving as much as possible beforehand. We're doing things like emptying (then reorganizing in the new house) the closets, pantry, bookcases, office and garage. We've also moved a few of the easier pieces of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      You must not be moving far. It sounds like the new house will be mostly unpacked and ready to live in once the movers come with the heavy stuff. So, you are not moving junk that you have to sort and toss once you are in the new house. Kids are a great asset! lol

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...