Sunday, July 24, 2022

Nothing Happening Here, Just Sorting

 We needed to go to a Big Box store, so we planned it to get there before the church folks arrived and got all the carts. Tommy wanted to buy shoes to wear as one pair is too worn. He got some that look like crocs. I needed a few things and got some of them and forgot the others. I slept maybe 4 hours last night and have been just dying this evening. It got too late to take a nap. So, I am struggling. 

Tommy was resisting sorting socks, so I brought in a bag of tshirts too heavy for me. I dragged them. Sooo, he sorted the socks. Then he sorted the tshirts. There were at least 50. He is keeping the Auburn, Scotland and Dr. Who shirts. He gave me two to cut for cleaning rags. I can have more and the rest will be donated to a shelter. None are new but none are ragged, just no longer fit him. He is getting rid of all his Sam's Club shirts. 

There are sweatshirts and sweatpants somewhere, but I could not find them. I will have to look tomorrow. He is giving away a pair of shorts and swim trunks that don't fit. Lots is leaving.

He gave me his eclipse shirt since mine is probably destroyed. August 21, 2017 was a fun day for us. 

I am keeping about six fuzzy socks so I can cut off the foot to use the tops on a Swiffer for dusting/sweeping. I will toss them when done since I had to cut the tops from bottom to top for use on the swiffer. The thin ones, nylon, are tossed. 

Tommy will be furious, but I want to wash all the shirts he is keeping and the ones I will be using for cleaning. But, I brought in two blankets that were lying in a corner accidentally and told him they needed washing and he agreed. So, who knows?

Tommy used the new stick, cordless vac for about twelve feet. The fine dirt is disgraceful and lots of it. The hairs and other trash are quite a bit, too, more than I expected on a two foot by 12 foot strip. 

I have a busy day planned for tomorrow and I dread it. I have a list! ugh  Hopefully, I can sleep tonight. 

Was your Sunday restful or productive?

10 comments:

  1. We had Sunday school and church. My hubby's oldest granddaughter (22) is staying with us, so it was fun to have her with us. My daughter came and brought my three grands (8, 7, and 3), so we had a full pew! I cook for everyone after church on Sundays and the kids swam. Oldest granddaughter went to visit her sister for a while then came home to take a nap because she is fighting off tonsillitis.

    My neck and shoulders hurt badly last night, so I knew the weatherman was finally right in saying it was going to rain. We are in such a drought in south central KY. Woke up this morning to a nice steady rain. For the farmers sake, I hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      That was a full pew and a full day. It all sounds like fun.

      It has rained a bit most days and gully washers about half the days. My flowers like it. I wish we could give you a bit of rain.

      Delete
  2. You and Tommy got a lot of sorting and got a real good start on vacuuming done. Wasn't it nice to look around and see everthing making progress toward where you wanted it to be.

    I have been as busy as can be and so has my husband. Saturday we got our little girl...Pomeranian, that is. Oh my heavens, she doesn't have a shy bone in her body, everybody is her friend. She made right up to us, but really bonded to my husband. (I think she likes him more because of his beard, ) She just rubs the little sides of her face against his beard. She is more bonded to him than to me. Our Fuzzy Pom who died back in March was more bonded to me. Right now we are calling her Little Girl, because that's what the breeder and his family called her. Her name will be Fritzi, as soon as she gets used to hearing that name. She is such a busy bee. It's like having a naughty little toddler in the house. Everything catches her little sharp eyes and she grabs whatever it is and brings it into the living room. Right now I am looking at 4 of my husband's socks on the living room floor, some paper shreds, and a dog crate which we never needed one for Fuzzy.
    But I can't imagine her with the run of the house if we had to go somewhere.

    My husband went to the store and she has such a tiny little voice that her little howls sounded almost like whistles, and she was whining, and barking and sniffing at the front door. She didn't like him leaving at all. She grabbed a square box of kleenex that I didn't have up out of her reach, she grabbed up that Kleenex box and fast pranced it over to the other side of the room, and she just was pulling the kleenexes out , one after another as fast as she could, not chewing them up but just taking out of the box and getting such a kick out of it. I am moving slow right now and because of that it took me a bit of time to get to her to stop her. She had time to yank out most of the kleenexes. She had those Kleenexes just flying out of there, she is so fast moving. She also looks for any openings between or behind furniture, and insists on going to explore where it goes. She did it so much, I joked with my husband that maybe she is trying to find a tunnel to escape and get back to Poplar Bluff where she came from.

    Some time, I plan on putting a pink bow on her head, but right now she is just too busy to have tme for that.

    My husband and I are both extra tired when we go to bed after keeping up with Li'l Girl Fritzi all day and night.

    Have a nice day doing your daily adventures..


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      We have a loooooong way to go, but seeing it start gives me hope. I just don't have the ability to do for very long.

      It sounds like this puppy will wear you out quickly! She sounds very busy all the time. It is good she is happy even if it seems she is trying to tunnel out. Left alone, she would probably destroy or rearrange everything within reach...lol. Have fun with her.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like Mr. Tommy needs structure and discipline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I think so, too. He chafes against structure. Then, he starts using what I put in place. It is a struggle most days. I don't have a clue what will make him become recalcitrant.

      Delete
  4. My Sunday was lazy. I needed it to be that way, because starting tomorrow, this week is going to be a shitstorm of activity.

    I'm so happy for you that you are getting rid of clutter! It's a feeling like no other. The mental clarity and calm it brings is priceless! I hope to get more of that done once summer is over. Things are just too busy right now. I can barely keep up with laundry.

    Good on Tommy that he did all that sorting! I think maybe you have to just put it "in his face" so he sees it and decides he will sit and do it. It's really satisfying to sort from a chair while the TV is on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue,
    When I know I have a hard day or couple of days coming, I just don't worry about doing anything that would mean progress, saving my energy for the tasks to come.

    I don't know if it will bring mental clarity...lol...some days think I am beyond that. However, I won't have to search for things. It will certainly look better. Piles and tumbles are disgusting.

    I had mentioned it enough! Finally, I just dragged the bags in to him. We both sort from our chair as it is the only way we can do it. Having the TV on helps make it less of a chore...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is great that you are getting this all cleaned out. He will agree when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      He begrudgingly sort of acknowledges this as a good thing. He can have his house back. Before, he could not get into rooms. That is why he is backing all this and helping. I made it clear that I don't decide what goes; he makes those decisions. I think that makes a difference in how he feels about it.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...