Sunday, July 31, 2022

Sunday Low Key

 Dinner tonight was chicken stuffed with quinoa, spinach, and artichokes. No, I did not prepare this, just cooked it. Tommy had pork loin leftovers and a huge salad. 

We did nothing Sunday, not even a bit of housework/housekeeping. I unsuccessfully tried to nap. So, tonight I am really tired. Really, really tired is no guarantee I can go to sleep or stay asleep. However, I don't need suggestions as how to achieve a good sleep. It is just hopeless for me, I fear. 

The slidy thing and pool were picked up by the company today. It was a little sad because the children loved it so. If I were able to fling myself onto the platform, it might be fun for me. I doubt if my body would fling itself without pain...lol. 

What we have not done that is on a list for tomorrow:

bake and freeze a meatloaf out of the 96% lean/4% fat ground beef

Tommy cook two one-pound chubs of ground meat

DONE Me chop onions for meatloaf and the chopped ground beef 

both of us to load dishwasher

DONE Tommy wash clothes for me

DONE Me hang wet clothes in house

DONE Wonder if cleaner is ever coming back

Mower scheduled to come so be here to pay him

Tommy needs to find four or five packages of chicken, any pieces

color my hair

trim bangs

DONE cook all the yellow squash and zucchinis for meals this week

Stuff mushrooms

That is not such a hard list, right?

I have been dizzy today, so I think it is allergies. Plus my eye is hurting, allergies, too, I believe. We were out for a quick trip to Publix for one item. Tommy forgot to leave the ac on, and he was too far gone for me to call him and have him bring them back! Well, I could have and he would have returned immediately. But, it was too hot and his walking is difficult with the walker. It is really hot outside and doubly so closed up in a car! I suppose I need to start carrying my set of keys which has his car key on it. He apologized and was so sorry. He has never done that before. But, usually if he removes the keys, I remind him to leave them. I was feeling a little off, so I didn't catch it. 

The hose repair with Alien Tape failed. I will try it tomorrow since Tommy does not do good repairs. He carried a half-gallon jug and a couple of Coke bottles and filled them at the faucet for watering. 

It is just hot, just plain hot! Even a ride in the air-conditioned car seemed like too much of an effort. 

Are you staying indoors? Do you use ac? Do you work in a garden or water one? What outdoor activities do you choose to do? 


12 comments:

  1. Yes, it’s hot. I’m staying indoors with the air on. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. No outdoors work for me if I can help it. It's that time of year when the ardent heat gets some humidity. No fun that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Not only is it no fun; it's dangerous. Stay inside.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Kim,
      That is hot! Our temps did not get that high today.

      Delete
  4. It's too hot outside for me so I turn into an AC Princess (or maybe I should say hermit haha!) that refuses to go outside unless absolutely necessary! I work from home & my sweet husband will run my errands & grocery shop for me so there's days I don't need to leave the house at all, I'm lucky to have him! Last week it was in the 100s every day. Today its a bit cooler, the high supposed to be 94 with a little bit of rain. Over the weekend we went up in the High Uinta mountains (Elevation is 9000 ft!!) to go camping & to ride our toys (we have a 4-seater Polaris Razor & a 4-wheeler - SO much fun!!). It was a lovely 70 degrees up there & a chilly 48 degrees at night. It was fun and worth all the hassle to get out of that heat for a couple days & enjoy the gorgeous mountain scenery & cool air!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bri,
      Working in home in ac sounds just about right. I like the mountain temps but will not, cannot camp. But, it all seems like good fun. Stay cool.

      Delete
  5. Here in the UK our temperatures have cooled down a little, but many areas now need rain ...
    When it's hot, I just do the minimum and keep hydrated.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I have heard UK has had record temps. In the South, we have a saying, "Walk slow and stay in the shade."

      Delete
  6. We're under [another] heat advisory through tomorrow evening. Today's heat index reached 106° (91% humidity at one point). I stay inside most of the time. We use A/C & fans.

    Tonight I made bacon, cheese, chicken & ranch quesadillas for dinner.

    And still no word from the housecleaner?! I'd be livid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,
      That is really dangerous! That kind of heat is unbearable. Inside and under ac is the right idea. Today was a bit cooler here, thankfully.

      Dinner sounds delicious. I could eat that.

      I am going to call and leave a message once more, asking her to call me or let me know the name of someone else she can recommend. We will see if that brings her back. If she does not recommend someone, I will call the place where she works without mentioning her name. Maybe I can get someone from there.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...