Monday, August 1, 2022

The List, Stuffed Mushrooms

This was the list yesterday and it is mostly done. Tommy left the zucchini and squash in the oven for two hours when I napped. I told him 30 minutes and he swears I did not. Except for about half being scorched and most done to mush, they are salvaged.

 List:

bake and freeze a meatloaf out of the 96% lean/4% fat ground beef

DONE Tommy cook two one-pound chubs of ground meat

DONE Me chop onions for meatloaf and the chopped ground beef 

both of us load dishwasher

DONE Tommy wash clothes for me

DONE Me hang wet clothes in house

DONE Wonder if cleaner is ever coming back

DONE Mower scheduled to come so be here to pay him

Tommy needs to find four or five packages of chicken, any pieces

color my hair

DONE Tommy wash mushrooms

Done me stuff mushrooms

We forgot to go out and get the pink bag of coupons and ads, so even though it is well after dark, we will do that tonight. Plus, I have a list of what goes off the ads on Tuesday, so we need to get all the sale things we need tomorrow when the ad ends. After we left the house after 9 pm, there was only one pink bag in the whole neighborhood. We have to go snag one from a driveway. We get one from the empty house. The Publix ad was not in the bag and it usually is there. As usual, there was no ad for Piggly Wiggly. 

My head is stuffy! But, my nose runs like a faucet. I suppose all this is allergies.  

Okay, that is it for today. The stuffed mushrooms are in the oven. I had no sausage thawed, so I just used ground beef with pepper and onions. I had lots of cheeses but used cream cheese. I will top with cheddar cheese. Herbed breadcrumbs because someone said to use breadcrumbs. Hopefully, the next time I can do better on ingredients. I had a hard time getting the stems out, so not sure how strong I am obviously, not very strong. The mushrooms needed to be used before they went bad so I used what I had. I think I could have cooked them and stuffed later when I had ingredients I wanted.  

Tommy, when he heard the recipe called for sausage said I should have crumbled the patties precooked. They are so expensive and keep him from going to Hardee's, so I thought I would use what I had. I will critique the stuffed mushrooms tomorrow.  

I think I did well on my list. The rest is my hair, dishes and the meatloaf. I can do that! 

This malaise is either another uti or the sinus issues. 

There are only 20 pages left in SALT WARS, but I am staying up too late to watch Titanic, so reading tonight will not happen. What are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. I am currently juggling 3 books. One is a bio about a Jewish family in Poland during WW2, one is a tawdry free kindle edition I picked up via bookbub (not great but I am still reading it to find out just how badly karma will catch up with a morally corrupt computer hacker), and I am not sure where the last book is headed so I can't even begin to explain it. I am glad it was borrowed because if I don't get into it in the next couple of day, I am returning it to libby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      The first book sounds particularly interesting. Maybe the other two pan out. I like having several books going at once.

      Delete
  2. Your stuffed mushrooms sound good! I bet they were tasty with the ground beef, did you like them?

    I LOVE to read and always have several books I'm reading at the same time. My fav at the moment is a historical fiction that's set in Shanghai in the 1980s, its really good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the horror. Happily zukes are cheap and plentiful

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...