Monday, August 22, 2022

Rough Sunday

 Sunday, whatever affliction I had came back with a vengeance, double what I had been feeling. I could barely get out of bed on Sunday. While I did not nap, I rested lots in my chair, reclined. Once I went to my room to look for the phone. Instead of looking for my phone, I just crawled in bed and covered up. Tommy came to see if I needed help finding the phone, and I told him to come get me up in thirty minutes. 

My hands shook all day, I had a fever, and could barely keep my balance to walk--not a good day.

Thankfully, we had salad mix, tomatoes, and ham. There was also bacon, but we chose ham to eat. I don't know how they get this ham into one shape that fits so all the hams look the same. This is not a chopped product mashed into a shape, just whole ham without bone. I soak my piece to get out some of the salt. We are eating the tomatoes two apiece at a meal. 

Sunday and today, my glands in my neck below my ears are so swollen and painful. My hands are shaking. Yesterday was worse than today. Last year, I was ill the whole week of my birthday. I am shooting for feeling well this year! To that end, I need to call the doctor! In the meantime, I am using two inhalers, two eardrops, Hall's Mentholyptus, Claritin, guaifenesin, Vicks Vaporub, etc., you name it. My goals is to feel better with all this, reduce allergic response, breathe better, reduce symptoms. Sometimes, with this regimen, I actually can get completely better and beat the infection. 

I am quite sure the 75F and damp weather are part of my problem. I think we are going to end the month with rain! 

In a bit, I will scramble eggs for lunch since it is almost noon, and I have only had half a banana. Standing so long will be harder today, but I want scrambled eggs! Tommy is going to cook/break up ground beef, so I need to chop onions, some to use today, some to freeze, and some for the refrigerator for him to use on salads. I think I have six Vidalia and don't want them to spoil.

Do you ever take generic meds to get rid of an infection? What are you having for dinner today? Inspire me.

11 comments:

  1. I made a delicious Corn chowder (used Chef Anne Burrell's recipe) using about a dozen ears of fresh corn. Topped it with crispy bacon and fresh chives. I brought some down to my neighbors and they said it was "restaurant quality"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have ever had corn chowder. That is a great compliment. Maybe I need a recipe. ??? Thanks.

      Delete
    2. Bobbie, I just looked up that recipe--I am defintely making it this week! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
    3. Bobbie that corn chowder recipe is DIVINE. "Restaurant quality" is absolutely right! I had no cream or chives, but it's still beyond delicious. This one's a keeper!

      Delete
  2. I've never had corn chowder either, like commenter, Bobbie, made, or any other way. It really sounds good with some crispy bacon and chives, all good flavors together I think.
    I made an omelette with eggs, a little bit of pepperoni sliced into small pieces, sliced mushrooms from a jar, some chopped onion, precooked until soft in the microwave, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese on the top, until I turn half over, and then the melted
    cheese is in the middle. We had buttered toast with it and a sliced tomato divided between the two of us. It was very good, very plain food. Maybe a little bit breakfast-ish for supper, but easy, quick and tasty.

    If our little naughty Fritzi puppy lets me get some sleep tonight and tomorrow morning, I am going to try to make chicken, rice, and broccoli, cheese casserole. Also I have to find my recipe for it.

    It almost always takes antibiotics to work for true sinus infections in me, and if I try and wait it out and let the infection go away, I end up with my asthma so bad that it is scary. If I have fever and my sinuses are gross, my doctor will usually prescribe an antibiotic to keep it from causing major problems with my asthma. I am real limited to what I can take that is not prescription for sinus and chest infections, due to the medicines I already take and other stuff that is wrong with me. I am "S" out of luck if Benadryl and Vicks Vaporub can't fix me.

    I hope if you have a fever it will break overnight and you will wake up feeling much better. Try using lots of Vicks. It even helps body aches.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie.
      Benadryl--cannot take it. Vicks--good for everything, it seems. I just have pressure in sinuses, nothing loose or moving out! That is the worst.

      I never have a recipe for chicken, rice, and cheese...lol. And, it is always great. I think there is a recipe on the cream of mushroom can.

      Monday night, I had to go to bed a little after 9 pm and was up a little after 11 pm. I hope I can sleep more tonight.
      Hopefully, you will be allowed a good sleep and can find your recipe. Have a talk with Fritzi!

      Delete
  3. Oh that does sound nasty. I hope your regimen works and you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...