Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tuesday

Doctor gave me an antibiotic. First, he wanted me to take a Covid home test. I was so shaky and confused while taking it, I took another. Both were negative, thankfully. He advised me to take otc meds I am taking.

Since I could sleep little on Monday night, and the doctor did not call until 8:30, and I got up at 7:30 in order not to miss 8:00 call, I was beat and took a nap. Not only did both dogs bark incessantly, the kids were noisier than ever. I rarely hear them. Today, I did. However, the dogs were the problem. Maybe I slept an hour then slept fitfully if at all. 

We have been eating the ham, lettuces, tomatoes. Thankfully, Tommy is okay with this. I suppose I will cook more vegetables and meats on Wednesday. I soak a slice of ham and then heat it in a skillet. Hopefully, this somewhat alleviates the salt problem. 

When I told the doctor it had been over three weeks since I had washed my hair, he said, "Oh, you have been sick!" The dizziness keeps me from even trying to stand and bend my head and wash my hair. I do wash the rest of me. 

When I run a fever, my lips get blisters on them. They are so tender and hurt. Just sitting and typing this little makes me tired, exhausted. 

I really hate this cool weather and humidity and rain! Where are the high 90s? 

14 comments:

  1. The highs are hiding behind the cloud cover. I am ready for sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon. Being dizzy is awful. Have you tried dry shampoo? It comes in a tin like hairspray, just spray it on and brush your hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      I would never try dry shampoo. Anything fine irritates my lungs, no matter how careful I am. The aerosol is a no no, too. Even using two shakes of pepper in cole slaw is dangerous.

      Delete
  3. I hope the antibiotic works. I imagine with the heat and humidity, it will feel good to get your hair washed once you can stand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      Thanks. I am so shaky on my feet. Hair will need shampoo twice! I will be glad when I am steady again!

      Delete
  4. I am glad that your doctor got you started on antibiotics today and you didn't have to wait to start them. Please rest and take it easy for a little while.

    Feel better soon. I hope the kids and dogs next door will give you some quiet today so you can sleep tonight and today. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      I hope it works, as it is something new, third generation. Old is good, though. It seems like all I do is take it easy. I need to cook, but Tommy will get things for me.

      Tuesday was the first time I have ever heard those kids while I was in bed. The dogs continue to be a pest. Thanks.

      Delete
  5. I hate to hear that you sre so sick. When it is so bad you don't have enough strength to wash your hair is awful. When I had my hip replaced the hospital gave me a couple of hair wash caps to use at home until I could shower. They are like a shower cap and they do not require a rinse. They have them on amazon, might be worth looking into for emergencies. You always feel better when your hair is fresh. Take care of your self, plenty of fluids and rest!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I am glad you had those shower caps. I would worry if I were allergic to ingredients.

      Delete
  6. There are shower caps with shampoo built into them. They require no extra water, no rinsing. And this one has good reviews:
    https://smile.amazon.com/No-Rinse-Shampoo-Cap-5-Pack/dp/B009I12STI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3HUY01HGM1III&keywords=shower+caps+with+shampoo+built+inside+them&qid=1661367469&sprefix=shower+caps+with+shampoo%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Sounds amazing. But, I am allergic to so many regular shampoos and have had to rinse them out immediately, so probably would worry about allergies. Thanks.

      Delete
  7. I am so sorry you are so sick. If I was close I would make you a batch of my chicken soup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I would certainly appreciate it. I just ate lots of chocolate yogurt since I had no chicken soup. That will work, right?

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...