Thursday, August 25, 2022

Thursday Like a Dream or Three

 Thursday morning, I could mostly walk without staggering when I arose from a chair. My sinuses don't hurt. Glands in my neck are not swollen, so I am on my way to being well. 

I dislike Publix brand bacon because it is like fatback. If you have never had fatback, you probably don't know what I mean. I have not had fatback in over fifty years, but certainly remembered when I tasted this bacon. Even then, we rarely had it. It was sort of tasty but not bacon. I managed to fold four dishtowels and was exhausted. Tommy kept coming in here to get a dishtowel when he needed it. There is a lot of catching up to do around here. sigh

When we went to the grocery to get apples and a few other things I forgot yesterday, I leaned my head back and went to sleep. When Tommy called to ask a question, I was dreaming and confused. But, I leaned back and was somewhere between sleep and wake and wondered why Tommy was driving at such a steady speed and never stopped or turned. He had left the car on for ac for me, like he always does. No, I am only a little better. He called a second time, and I realized he was not driving. Then, he called a third time, and I was still confused as to what was happening. 

A substantial nap happened when we returned home. Since the nap, I have been wobblier while walking. However, my speech is just about back to normal. It seemed loud enough to me, but no one else could hear me. 

I did survive all the chopping of onions and bell pepper. I was getting weak! Stirring was so hard. But, we are having meatloaf for dinner. Tommy will have a salad with tomato, onion, and bell pepper, and I will eat green beans and tomatoes. I used my cheaply bought from Amazon tomato paste. All the onion and bell pepper along with the paste should eliminate the need for much salt.

Tomorrow, I might make mashed potatoes to go with the meatloaf. 

I have made a decision--I will not be sewing to earn money even though one person has contacted me. I regret that I have not gotten my machine set up. Plus, this illness has shown me I cannot actually be dependable. Or, at least that is the way I feel right now. 

In reading The Fitzgeralds and The Kennedys, I have learned so much. For instance, insider trading was once the way it was done, not illegal at all.  

I sent Tommy to the house with the dogs that bark to give them six bananas since we have too many. He said the woman was happy to receive them, but looked confused at first. I suppose she thought we were there to complain. She said the children would love them. 

Do you need rain? I will send you some. Or, come and get it.

Do you ever have lucid dreams that confuse you? 

8 comments:

  1. I woke Thursday morning furious with TheHub. I was dreaming that he had irritated me and when I called him down about it he told me I had no right to complain. I was not confused and knew it was a dream, but I was still angry, even if he had really done nothing but sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      We deserve respect even in our dreams! I hope he does not do it again. That is funny. I had a similar experience when I was pregnant and sleeping long ago.

      Delete
  2. We had another nice little downpour yesterday afternoon, which I am loving. I'm ready for it to not be 100 every day. Plus the rain gives me a break (and my back!) from having to water the flowers every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I am glad you received rain. Tommy is enjoying not watering, too.

      Delete
  3. We were in a drought situation last year and it was very stressful, more due to the fires that were burning up north and with the fires in other areas, our area became very smokey. This year, our Spring started out a bit better with almost too much rain. (flooded our back yard) Then the closer we got to Summer, the rains became lighter and less frequent. Despite some relief, we were and still are considered to be in a drought situation, so yes, please send rain to us and any other areas that are having the same problem with lack of or shortage of rain. If only it were that easy. They could have used some of your excess out West and now they get too much, too fast and cause flooding and no actual relief from the drought. Too much and too little cause problems, just in a different way. (hope you are feeling much better soon) Ranee (MN)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rae,
      When we are in drought conditions, I can rain for days and still not bring us out of drought category. I should not complain about too much rain since we are not in any danger of fire where I live. It is hard to get it just right. I am feeling much better, thank you.

      Delete
  4. I remember mashed potatoes was almost a requirement to eat meatloaf

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...