Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Wednesday Starter

 Yesterday, we went to pharmacy yesterday. But, the car would not start. So, Tommy got out our handy, dandy charger and started the car. Well, I started it when he told me. Today, we were going to get gas and go to Publix. We needed the charger again. He accidentally turned off the car at Publix and had to start it again with charger. Pumping gas, he had to turning off the car, so charged it again. Then, we went to Auto Zone to have battery and alternator checked. It was the battery. 

So, we stopped by Pep Boys. They could work on the car, but I wanted to go home. He was going to return and they would bring him home and get him when it was done. But, he called me and said they were getting the starter and he could wait for just a bit. 

This battery charger has saved us trouble. Tommy said he used it five times in two days, once yesterday and four times today. On August 12, 2022, we used the little air compressor. So, these two portable items have really saved us a lot of trouble. I highly recommend both. 

Okay, this has taken me about three hours and three tries to write this post. So, I am going to post and collapse. 

It has been cloudy and gray today and not much rain where we are. Dreary! 

One of us will cook burgers. I will eat a whole can of green beans and a Roma tomato. He will eat hamburger and tomato and whatever green he wants. Yes, I can eat a whole can of green beans by myself. Now, if he wants green beans he can have some, too. 

I have not looked at all the ads yet, just Publix, so there may be items I do want. I had been waiting on Miracle Whip deal. How about your ads? Anything good or that you need or want?

I went to bed. Then, a friend called and woke me. I called Tommy and had him get chocolate ice cream and two Miracle Whip, both bogo. He brought home frozen chocolate yogurt which was fine. This was the first week in August that there have been things we want. I forgot what else I want, so we have to go back again. Oh, he bought four 12-packs of Dr. Pepper, b2g2. He now has a $1 coupon to take back and apply with the receipt. 

Green grapes are $1.29/lb., so I want some of those. Red Delicious Apples on sale. I meant to have Tommy get apples for me. 

Sinus pressure is less. Not quite so dizzy. Otherwise, I still feel miserable. Tommy waits on me, thankfully. 

I am in shock--the starter was $650 for r and r on Rogue.

6 comments:

  1. Haven't bothered to look at ads. Not going - so no need to read them.
    I am sure a lot of that bill was labor. Things do cost a lot more. Also, many places say parts are hard to come by, so they may cost more too.
    Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I always look at ads. How else will I know if I am going to the store? At the present price of MW, I take any reduction. The part was had within the hour, thankfully. But, we do have my car to drive. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. its seems pretty much any repairs/new parts are at least $500 when you have to factor in their labor costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like a lot for a starter but then the last time I replaced a starter was 25 years ago and my husband did the work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I don't remember the last time I had a started replaced, so this is probably a just price, just too rich for me think about.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...