Monday, September 12, 2022

Gifts, Ads, Mystery

 And, the gifts keep coming. Tonight, Lynda said she drove by my house and wondered what the items on my porch were. I was confused. What was she doing driving in this direction? What would concern her on my porch? Aloud, I asked her what did it look like and she did not know, just two things on the table. So, Tommy looked out and said I had to help him. ??? He backed up and held out a gold mum with a card in the top. Okay, I got it. Where I put it down was in my way to get out of my chair. Then, he shoved the other mum into the house for me to take, a reddish one. I told him to toss me the card and leave it outside. 

So, she gave me two mums and two cards. I was puzzled as to why two. Well, one was from her dog, Baby. Cute! She drew paw prints and signed her dog's name on the one card. 

I needed/wanted more flowers for the fall and hated to buy more. So, now I am set. Maybe I will get one of those knotty pumpkins and call the porch decorated. Both mums need the kind of watering where the pot is set in water for a bit. Maybe I can get that done before bed. We have to be out by 8:30 in the morning. 

This afternoon, I figured out why I feel so tired. I know I am becoming ill again, like a few weeks ago. Remember when I did not wash my hair for a month? Well, that tiredness is coming on again. I grabbed basil and was mashing it and breathing it in deeply for the congestion. Tommy was watching, so, just being silly, I stuffed the basil leaf up my nose and breathed deeply again. I decided I would be embarrassed to explain to the ER why I had basil up my nose if I sniffed it out of reach. So, I took it out.

I was just too weak to cook or heat food, so told Tommy we were having Whoppers for dinner. This will stop with tonight. I will figure it out early tomorrow.

Tuesday, I will call my allergist to see what else I can do NOT to get sick! October is my month to be ill and it is starting early. ugh 

I just now wrote down things on the Publix grocery ad that I bought or want to get tomorrow before the ad ends. 

Heinz ketchup bogo done

Heinz mustard bogo Since I just bought one, and I eat little of this, I am passing this time.

Spice Island Spices bogo done

Kraft cheese 2 for $6

Kraft Italian dressing bogo, I think

Drumsticks (the ice cream kind) bogo

Cascade bogo, I think

Cheetos 2 for $7 Tommy really wants these.

There was nothing at The Pig that I wanted or needed.

We drove and got a pink bag with ads for this next week. Less than a dozen were thrown in this whole subdivision! 

The people next door baffle me. The family of four children and two parents moved in with seven dogs. Then, after complaining, some of the dogs disappeared. A woman and a child also moved in with another dog. Then, a couple and two children moved in. 

I told Tommy to take more bananas to the children last week. He said the kids were gone, had been gone for two weeks!  And, all the dogs except for the yappy little chihuahua had left. Then, Sunday, some of the kids came back. Then, all the dogs plus another large one. The din from dogs is extreme over there. The only way we knew the kids were back was there laughter as we could not see them. Oh, kids are quiet.

Maybe the one woman with a child was a gay woman escaping from a bad situation with her child? Maybe she was just poor? And, why did the couple with two children move in and then out a week later? I never see this because I just don't! Tommy goes out to take garbage to road, get the mail, go to washing machine. 

The original family seems to be a nuclear family. None of the children disappeared for visitation anywhere else. So, doubt there are parents elsewhere. I do wonder now if all the dogs are theirs or if the dog sit as someone suggested. I don't think about this a lot since I never notice their comings or goings. 

These people have lots of people they help, I suppose. However, I cannot go in my oen yard without dogs hitting the fence, barking to get at me. It's very stressful! They frightened Lynda as she came to our door because she is afraid they will get out. 

If I can stay awake until 10:30 until the news is over, I will go to bed. The temperatures here are really cool, in the 70s. Maybe it was 80. But, it will warm up again. 

I wonder who has snow yet. Freezing temps? Blue skies? Rain, still? How was your weekend? 




12 comments:

  1. How sweet about the mums, that was very nice. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      I was thrilled. Not better, just more rested from last night. Thanks.

      Delete
  2. I'm really sorry to hear that you are feeling weak and fear a major illness coming on. Keep breathing in that basil!

    Instead of stuffing the leaves up your nose, why not get a fairly large bandaid, crush some leaves on top of the pad, and then loosely adhere the bandaid over your nostrils, with the sticky part on the sides of your nose? Then you could keep breathing in the basil without having to hold it (or worry about a trip to the ER to explain basil up your nose).

    If you think the bandaid would be too uncomfortable, you could also macerate the basil in a teeny bit of oil and apply the basil-infused oil below your nostrils as needed. I suppose you could even buy a basil essential oil, but I think the freshness of the crushed leaves would be important.

    People in general are weird, and your neighbors have sounded super weird from the get-go. They are bad with their dogs and that makes them 100% a-holes in my book. Not to mention, shouldn't those children be in school? All you can hope is that they go into foreclosure and have to move their idiocy elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I told Tommy I needed to use a mask and make a large window of tulle and put basil leaves in it, and could change them out. No more up the nose...lol.
      Well, I don't know they are not in school. They are different, alright. But, they could be worse. They are quiet except for the dogs, kids are nice, and they stay in their own yard. So, I suppose the shenanigans of the adults are just weird and not dangerous to us.

      Delete
    2. Yeah, putting the leaves in a mask is a much better idea! Dopey me with the bandaid business...

      Delete
    3. The bandaid was a good idea, but I had thought of the mask. Anything to help me.

      Delete
  3. The kids may be home schooled. The other folks may just have been visiting for a while. Kids could have been in camp. So many reasons possible.
    Feel better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids are not home schooled. Both parents work and no one is home until about 5 pm. If they were visiting, they brought two loads of furniture and stuff and stayed for over two months. School is in session, so there would be no camp. Yes, still wondering the reasons. I am working on feeling better.

      Delete
  4. How nice that you got flowers. I was thinking of getting some mums for the porch but too busy to even deal with that. I hope you are not getting sick again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim,
      I was surprised and very pleased. It is official! I am getting sick again. I hate it.

      Delete
  5. I hope you are not getting sick again. Don't forget to Vicks up real good; even some on your feet with socks over, of course. Try to stay out of the outside air, there could be some weird pollen or high mold count as the weather is changing. Try real warm chicken noodle soup. Would your basil be good in it? I always add poultry seasoning with sage, sweet marjoram, and thyme to mine, whether home made or canned. One night several years ago I was so tired after I got home from work, that I felt like I was coming down with something. I ate leftover homemade chicken soup, and took a couple of Tylenols and some Benedryl, napped a little while, and by the time to go to my volunteer tutoring I was feeling just fine, and whatever was coming down on me went away.

    I wish you well. And, I almost forgot, I am glad that you had a Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday from me , too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Oh, I know it was something in the air. It always is...lol. This has been coming on for a week, but I called it feeling lazy! I have a can of chicken broth at the ready. I just took a nap and feel no better, but maybe I can stave this off. It seems like the older I get, the worse I feel when ill.
      Thanks. I did have a happy birthday.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...