Saturday, September 17, 2022

I Did It Again!

I slept for another 7.5 hours on Friday night. I am amazed. Two nights in a row.  I don't think this has happened for years. And, I think I only went to the bathroom once. That has to be a record.

Saturday was a low-key day, little work, blue skies, dry, warm and pleasant.  

I started a new book, another long one, but not as long as the last. The print is larger, so reading won't be such a strain. So, in actuality, it is not so long. I forgot to get it out of the box until I was on the way to bed. That was annoying.  

Friday evening, Tommy cleaned off three boxes of mushrooms for me. I decided to slice them and make mushroom sauce or mushroom soup. I really have enough for both. Around 11 pm, I got them into a huge pot, put in about three Tablespoons of olive oil, and put on simmer so I would not have to stand over them. Tommy checked them once for me and reported there was less than half an inch of liquid. He thought this was too low, but since it only had a bit of olive oil, it was a lot. I ended up with about six cups of sliced mushrooms and lots of liquid. At least, he knows to sound the alarm for me.

Tommy realizes I could not accomplish so much cooking if he were not so supportive, helping me with washing dishes and finding things in the refrigerator. I am grateful and thank him many times a day. 

Saturday afternoon, I wanted to just get out of the house for a bit and go to Piggly Wiggly to get the water for $0.98/24-pack with $10 purchase. I had the $10 worked out and, in the end, got nothing at the store. The deal starts next Wednesday. Tommy forgot to give me his cc. Then, I decided two bananas would do until the next grocery ad with the water deal. THEN, all three lines open had at least three buggies with groceries to the top. If I had stayed longer, the Auburn game would be on. So, frustrated, I left the store. ugh

Auburn lost. Tommy did not even finish watching the game. I had gone to nap halfway through the game. 

Every time I go into the kitchen, I pick up something from another box and put it where it should go or toss it. This is all stuff he had stored in the kitchen cabinets. 

I have four 12-ounce boxes of vegetable pasta that I am putting into Ball quart jars so it will stay fresher. Once I shake it down in the jar, the whole box just fits. We don't eat enough pasta to eat this soon enough to just leave it in the boxes. Plus, the pasta is less vulnerable to air, pests, and moisture. Then, I have only need to protect the jars from light. 

Today, we finished the container of orange chicken, meatloaf, and carrot/potatoes, and sweet potatoes. Good. There was too much in the refrigerator. 

Today was a good, quiet, relaxing day, no-drama, nothing exciting, maybe boring to you. A little decluttering happened. I feel much better. 

How did your day go? 

10 comments:

  1. Happy you had a good day and another good nights sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That’s wonder about getting two nights of good sleep. I love it when that happens. Storing your pasta in the glass jars is a good idea. I do the same thing here, beans too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      It makes me feel almost 100% with ongoing problems less. I love Ball jars!

      Delete
  3. Lovely good sleep! May you have more, often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a good idea to place dried goods in jars. Even though I have the majority of my dry goods either in Jars or in zipped bags I have had a pantry moth infestation this Summer. I am using a product that is a moth trap to help fight the fight! I think I am going to win this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      I have a little moth trap that says it does not eliminate the moth infestation, just tells you that you have the infestation. Glass jars are the way to go for storing anything. I think you will win, too.

      Delete
  5. I'm excited for you getting some good sleep. Maybe reading your posts will help me do the same soon. Hug.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sassybear,
      Hugs to you! I wish sleep were something I could get by osmosis. Good luck.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...