Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Wednesday

 On Wednesday morning I left a message with former doctor, not new one. In less than ten minutes, the nurse called back. Then, she called pharmacy and I had a prescription by noon. THEN, around four pm, I got a voice mail from her, saying he was sending me a prescription to take. So, I got that one, too. Tommy left the first one in the hot car for five hours, so I wonder how effective it will be. I am continuing with the first med. 

There is no way I was attempting to assemble the chicken, rice, soup, and broccoli casserole. However, with Tommy's help, I got one package of chicken in the crockpot with the remainder of the orange marmalade and the remainder of a bottle of Italian dressing, both rinsed out with water. Two hours later, we had chicken; he had sweet potatoes and green beans; I had the lion's share of can of green beans. 

In a few minutes, I will take the marmalade chicken out and put thighs into the crockpot with bbq sauce. Or I may wait until tomorrow and put carrots, potatoes, bell peppers, and onions, probably the latter.  

Tomorrow, with Tommy's help, I will assemble the chicken breasts, brown rice, broccoli, mushroom soup casserole. I broached the subject of putting pimiento into the casserole, telling him I would drain off the juice since that is not as tasty as the pimiento. He said he hated anything where the pimiento was 1/3 of the ingredients but did not mind it in moderation, saying sometimes it was good. Well, that was quite a little explosion and something he never told me. He usually says he hate pimiento and won't eat whatever. Sooo, I will add pimiento to the casserole. He refused to eat pimiento and cheese his mother made, so I suppose that is the only thing he has eaten that he knew had pimiento that he hated. Oh well. 

Whatever tore open the bag of fire ant bait came back Tuesday and dragged it across the porch and tore it open. Well, I put both in a garbage bag, so it tore that open, the original bag and dragged about two cups of the bait onto the porch. I need a trail cam! 

I did put fire ant bait out on two beds in the yard despite my inability to walk steadily. Things have to be done no matter how bad I feel. Tommy would put out too much, so I did it. 

Hopefully, I can get my hair color on and not spill it on my chair since I cannot stand to apply it. This quilt on the chair is expendable and cheap, meant to protect the chair, so I will not worry. 

I tried to defend and explain my position and the shape of the nonexistent curriculum in comments on last post. So, I deleted my lengthy comment. But, I know what I am doing, have education, experience and resources and don't have to keep defending myself. Tommy is coming around to helping me. He has never done anything like this. But, he is comfortable and kind to little children. 

Tommy took out two loads of laundry for me. I have clothes to hang and towels and stuff to fold. It is after midnight, I think. And, I am so tired, but he keeps yelling about everything! 

Gotta go. 

Can anyone imagine why a critter would tear into fire ant bait? I need to check the bag and see if it will kill animals. I certainly hope it won't kill birds! 


9 comments:

  1. If you were referring to my comments, I wasn't suggesting you don't know what you are doing or couldn't do a good and successful job. When you first said you were certified for older students but didn't say you had early childhood education,I mentioned early learning has different educator competencies. I also suggested there is a lot of really good curriculum already available, and if you think you could be of help, you might want to look into those. I thought blogs were supposed to be to share back and forth. Early childhood education is my field and has been for over 30 years. I apologize if I offended you, but I felt what I shared had value to your post. I guess you just wanted confirmation your plan was good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      I have already looked at the curriculum and will order or go to a teacher's bookstore. I know it is your field, well aware. You did not offend me at all. No, I was not looking for confirmation at all.

      Delete
  2. Working with preschooler's sounds exhausting LOL. I worked at a preschool when I was in college. I was constantly sick the whole time. I had strep throat twice in 3 months. Not good memories, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I won't be there long each day--one hour is all I can take. At the price I will need, they may not want me at all. I will wear a mask and use sanitizer often.

      Delete
  3. I’m not sure what could get into the fire ant bait, but those things sure can sting you. Ouch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      That is why I had the bait--for all the dastardly fire ants. It is all being wasted. Tommy put the other bag in a pot, so I suppose that will be strewn tonight.

      Delete
  4. I think you would do much better going to the school district and signing up for tutoring. You could just do it one hour a day after school, it might even be something you could do remotely on the computer. I am sure tutors are paid well. If you made 30 or 40 dollars an hour, 5 hours a week, would make a nice little extra income. Of course, I do not know your income but you would not want it be of amount that would effect your social security, medicare costs or taxes.

    Second, are there any opportunities to teach sewing in you area? That would also be a good way to earn extra money doing something you love.

    I also suffer from sleep issues so something in the afternoon or early evening might be a better option with your schedule.

    I wish you the best of luck finding something you enjoy and can bring in a little money. It makes it more like socializing and having fun, not a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I can and have tutored on my own by advertising. I think this job if I even try for it, will lead to tutoring. One time, I placed an ad and all my tutoring came from the one ad and two students who recommended me to others. I get so little ss and disability that I won't be hurt...lol. After 75 or some age, the amount a senior can make is limitless.

      I would love to teach sewing.

      Oh, early afternoon or even would would be perfect. I would never attempt to teach before afternoon.

      Tutoring has never been like socializing to me. Some students are so recalcitrant that winning them over and gaining control is half the battle at first. But, tutoring is over soon if it is just an hour.

      I worked at a place where my job was to tutor university students in whatever subjects I felt i could handle. I ended up tutoring trig, not because I could, but because she came in. ugh.

      When I get a PhD, if I do, reading will be my discipline. I am not sure I still can accomplish that.

      Delete
  5. Sorry for this late comment on an older post. I am working my way through mu blogger buddies and catching up, and now it's your turn. This new venture sounds quite exciting. I look forward to reading more about this journey you're on. Good luck.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...