Sunday, October 16, 2022

Chainsaw Massacre in the Kitchen, Flu Shot

 Before we left to do a few chores, I called my friend to check on her. She did not answer. As soon as I got almost naked changing clothes, she called me. She said she did not answer when I called because she was in the kitchen busy using her chainsaw. I asked her if she finished cutting up that man. She said,"Yes, and now I have to drag him down to the creek." 

We both dissolved in gales of laughter. When we could breathe and talk again, she related her chore. When I was very ill, I was given a block of chicken pieces that must have weighed five pounds. I just did not feel like thawing that much chicken, handling it, and it was all too much to think about. So, I gave it to her and she put it in her freezer. 

She got it out today, and used her new chain saw to cut off one-third of it and put the larger portion back in the freezer. She had yard work that she could not pay for and went and bought a chain saw. She keeps saying it is smaller than a regular chain saw. I have to see what this tool actually is.  

She knows how to work the suspense and a good story. I like people like her. 

Then, Tommy and I went out for a few things. I got a prescription refilled and three pills from another prescription, They will call for a refill Monday. 

At The Pig, I found my supply of guaifenesin, generic for original Mucinex. It is an expectorant that keeps my chest clear. A nurse told me years ago when I was already a user that in the case of pneumonia that guaifenesin could save my life. I believe it. I also bought eggs for a small fortune--$3.98 for an extra-large dozen. 

Tommy went in Dollar Tree to look for the ice trays a commenter told me about. Yes, they are on the internet site, but not in the store. They had no ice trays of any kind. 

Our last stop, Publix, was the real reason we chose to go out today. We both received the quad valent flu vaccine. Only when I awoke from a nap could I tell I had a shot. So, that is done. We need to get pneumonia vaccine or another vaccine, forgot what. 

We bought candy that had less sugar, carbs, and calories than diet, sugar-free candy. It is individually wrapped--Lindor Truffles. If I only have one piece per day, this should last longer than the other sugar-free candy. So far, I have not touched it. Tommy will keep it by his chair, the only place in the house I cannot reach it. Plus, it has more pieces and was on sale. Maybe I will buy another bag for Halloween Trick or Treaters. It is $2.37 for 5.1 ounces, 12 pieces. We probably won't have half that many children. The Lindt is less than half price. 

Breakfast--raisin bran, milk   2nd breakfast-- 1/2  banana

Lunch--huge bowl of potato, carrot, kale, celery soup. That was the last of the soup.

Dinner was baked sweet potato with a bit of butter, cooked kale, and baked chicken. Delicious. Sweet potatoes are the stars around here. Later, I will have half an apple and graham cracker. 

8 comments:

  1. I have a Stihl pruning chainsaw. It's about 12 inches at the blade. Hubby as one that is just a bit bigger for the apple trees from the same company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      She was too tired from cutting the chicken and has not gotten around to telling me what the name of this tool is. I will see. Maybe you can use yours to cut meat!

      Delete
  2. Your friend sounds just like my kind of person - cutting up a chicken with a chainsaw!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought my dh used a chainsaw on the iris's LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      From the looks of them, I would have believed it.

      Delete
  4. Now I want a mini chainsaw!!!!!


    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sassybear,
      I have requested she tell me the brand, name, anything so I can look it up. I will post this handy chicken utensil when I receive more information. We all need one for our kitchens.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...