Saturday, October 15, 2022

Saturday Sleep

 It is almost midnight, and I have been awake since 5 am and feel miserable. I tried to nap and lay there for two hours! So, I feel grumpy and miserable. But, Tommy is not being abused...lol.

Both Alabama and Auburn, our two Alabama teams lost. Too bad.

I called my neighbor and told her a lie--that we were going to pharmacy where she needed to go and we would be glad to take her. She refused. Her voice is much stronger and she sounds so much better. It seems the doctor gave her pills to help with her blocked colon. She must take one each day for 30 days. She said she will have diarrhea 3 or 4 times each day for the thirty days per the med enclosure. She has to work, so she will not take them. I understand her dilemma.

My computer has been going crazy with popups. And, I am supposed to have an ad blocker. I called the tech support and was told I have no protection and no ad blocker, that I pay $$$ for only tech support. Well, that is not what I paid for this last spring! He did update my computer to Windows 11. The talk with tech is what spoiled my nap. Plus, I was on there for well over an hour. 

Tommy drew a jack 'o lantern face on the pumpkin and put him out. Drawing is easier than carving. Our bit of decoration is coming along slowly. When Halloween is over he will turn it around for Thanksgiving/Fall decor. 

Did you put out a jack o' lantern? Do you ever just draw the face instead of carving? 

8 comments:

  1. No jack-o-lanterns...yet. I've never done one, but am tempted to this year.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sassybear,
      There is always a first time. Maybe this is it for you. Drawing a face is the limit this year. I cannot comment on your blog anymore!

      Delete
  2. We carved pumpkins with the kids, but the kids are grown. We put out plastic, lighted pumpkins--big ones! So much less stress and fuss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I bought pumpkins for the kids, made their costumes, baked, took them to carnival, so pumpking carving was husband's job. I want to get something I can use year after year!

      Delete
  3. PS: I'm glad your friend is feeling better, but the fact that she won't address her ailments is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      She is much better, but she said she will do what it takes next time.

      Delete
  4. I only draw on the ones too small to carve. I love carving; I make 3-4 each year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      Tommy drew on our pumpkin, finally. Now, he will draw on a butternut squash which will stand here in the house.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...