Sunday, October 9, 2022

Success Times Three

 Have you ever had a day or days when you leave home with a purpose and things go awry. Well, today, I accomplished all three goals I set for our outing. 

1) Get the new Covid shot. It turns out the old boosters are no longer available. So, I got the latest. We would have done this two months ago, well, get the booster. However, since the vaccine works best when a person is not ill, I was waiting for a well spell and for Tommy to be in the mood. For some reason, he would just say, "Later." We have had four vaccines for Covid now.

There was no Pfizer vaccine available at our Publix. We only found the right vaccine across town at Vestavia Hills. It went off without a hitch. No one was waiting. The pharmacist was very nice. He listened to my problem with getting the last one too close to my shoulder with a torn rotator cuff. 

My allergist told me to get the Pfizer from the beginning, so I did what he said even though others told me to get any combination of vaccines. 

2) Return dishes to Belk. I ordered dishes on sale and they delivered them to the PO. ??? I took out one dish in the parking lot, put it back in the box. I hated them. They stayed in the car from Saturday to today when I got rid of them.

The woman who takes phone/pickup orders to the car was very nice and came and took them in. She took them to a register and got a return for me on the cc. I was so happy to see those gone. 

They were the style dishes that look distressed, ugly. 

3) Went to Publix near us to get Milk and Diet Pepsi for Tommy. While I was there, I got Publix hamburger buns, cheap and they are good. I have had no cheese in over a week, so got that on sale or bogo. 

Since I slept only a bit over 4 hours Saturday night, woke and could not go back to sleep, I was due a nap. No such luck. When I heard a crash, I jumped up from a near sleep state and rushed in. The 50-yr-old tv tray fell. Tommy insists putting cartons of Pepsi on it and it keep collapsing. I went back to bed, and the dogs were barking, four of them, furiously. I turned on Rod Stewart and tried to sleep. It was not to be as it sounded like someone hit the house with a broomstick, a loud crack. 

When I got up again, I was woozy, sick to my stomach, weak, and cranky. Tommy had kicked something trying to get out of his chair. For a quiet man, he made a lot of noise today. Wisely, he did not cross me by arguing with me. 

The TV tray will go in the trash can tomorrow. I have a new folding table, larger and sturdier, that can take its place. 

I sat here and recovered with a little caffeine! 

There was no way I could cook all the chicken and vegetables in my condition...lol. So, I put burgers in a pan in the oven. We ate those about 8:30. Then, I put in the hot oven three sweet potatoes, washed and oiled. Around 9:30 we ate sweet potatoes. Around 10:30, we will have a salad. Actually, this is the schedule I was told to follow--eat some now, a bit later, and more later. 

By the way, the Beauregard sweet potatoes were delicious without sugar. I did put about one teaspoon of butter mine and mash it. Tomorrow, I will bake a whole pan full and take some to neighbor down the street. Tomorrow, I will cook the chicken put in the refrigerator to thaw. 

Altogether, Sunday was great with blue skies and not a cloud to be seen. I do like white fluffy skies, though. Sleeveless blouses and sandals are still comfortable, not chilly a bit.

On Monday, the plan is to shop until I find leggings for me. Then, we will pick up my shoes from SAS. Well, that is the plan.

How was your Sunday? Quiet? Busy? What is on the schedule for Monday?

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like an eventful day. Goodness, I cannot imagine eating anything so late - let alone dinner. That would keep me up all night long. I have never understood how people do that. I eat nothing after 5PM -6PM.
    Glad you got some things accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I don't eat a ton of food that late. Food never keeps me up. But, this rarely happens. It is just so frustrating to miss sleep. Since frustration over spinning my wheels trying to get things done happens, the day felt good.

      Delete
  2. Good for you! I got my covid shot last weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the reminder--I need to schedule both flu shot and 4th Covid shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently received my 5th Covid inoculation along with a flu shot.

    I did recently have covid but it was quite mild. If I hadn't taken a test I would have thought that I had picked up an Autumn cold. I will report that it did leave me with a small tightness in my chest and some deep fatigue. My lungs are clear and my blood oxygen is in the 92% to 98% range so nothing serious is going on.

    It was discovered that the profound fatigue that I am experiencing is most likely happening because I am, once again, anemic. I saw the hematologist last Friday and will begin Iron infusions (again) on Monday. I am hopeful that I will feel more energetic soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      Our was the 4th. We will get the flu shots this Sunday. Then, have the pneumonia shot the next week. I don't want to overload. lol

      The only time I have tested, I was negative. Since I always get sick in October! My chest tightness goes away when I use my inhaler, so not sure of what is going on. Probably not covid.

      Too bad about the anemia. I wonder why. At least, you are getting some help. Did the doctor say why you keep being anemic?
      I was the only of my mother's children who refused to eat meat and the only one anemic!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...