Monday, November 21, 2022

One-Chore Day

 Monday, I awoke feeling well in one way and awful in another. I slept well for over nine hours. However, I felt like I needed to get an inhaler immediately! 

We both ate a very late breakfast, the rest of the news, and one episode of Gunsmoke. We needed to collect my pink sandals he bought back in September. Well, I had returned two other pair and finally got these. 

Traffic was wild and it was a long way to the SAS store. I got them and we headed home. I did stop at a store and found a few things, nothing spectacular. 

That is our day--nothing exciting. 

Tommy can now take the sheet off the flowers. He removed the sheet after the first freezing of several predicted freezing nights. He thought the sheet had to be removed every morning. No, just plastic bags. The hummingbird feeders and my black bird came down. It is so bare out in front of the house.

For dinner I am having turkey/tomatoes/salad, half a banana. Tommy is having turkey, slaw, and grapes. 

The exciting part may come after the Antiques Road Show....I am considering making cornbread which means I might make homemade dressing instead of Stovetop Stuffing. 

Tuesday will be a many-chore day. 

Have you noticed the traffic on roads and in stores is much heavier? 

What did you have for dinner?


4 comments:

  1. I will do my Thanksgiving work on Wednesday as much as I can. so we can eat closer to our normal time. We are only having Turkey, soft stuffing because I have a dental issue on one side right now, mashed potatoes, 1 pumpkin and one pecan pie probably from frozen pie section. Cranberry jelly that slides out of the can. Not my favorite, but my husband likes it as much as homecooked whole cranberries like I used to make. Green Bean casserole that I will make for me, because husband won't eat it. If I have time I might make the mashed potatoes ahead of time, and the same thing with the green bean casserole. I will have to make the pies on Wednesday or Wednesday night.
    I haven't been in any stores or out in traffic, but my husband didn't mention the stores being crowded, but he always plans trips to miss the crowded grocery store. It makes him crowded when the grocery store is crowded. My turkey breast is waiting in the fridge until Thursday morning.
    We had Shake n Bake Pork steaks cooked in the oven and rice a roni to which I added chopped onion and sliced mushroom. Plus a sliced tomato from the store which was a good one that tasted like home grown.
    Have a fun day today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susie,
      Sorry about the dental issue. At least, you can eat. Green bean casserole is the one thing Tommy wants. That slides out of the can cranberry sauce is good...lol.
      I have never had S and B anything. It sounds good with the added onions and mushrooms. My tomato yesterday was sad. Today won't be fun, but necessary.

      Delete
  2. We had chicken for dinner tonight ...
    I think there is more traffic on the road these days ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      Chicken is always good. It certainly seems like people are driving more in this run up to the holidays.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...