Monday, December 12, 2022

Christmas Delivery, Shopping

 We set out at 9:30 to go to Cullman. I wanted to give the red Kiss to my friend who is 92. She loved it, full of fairy lights and Hershey kisses. I went in while Tommy sat in the car. 

We had things to do. I called CVS and Walgreen's as I sat in their respective parking lots and inquired about the glasses. Well, nothing. We both went into Belk's, a much smaller one than in Birmingham and were both exhausted! We found nothing, not even a clerk to help us. Someone sent over a nice child-clerk who did not know what she was doing. But, her job was to ring up items. This Belk will close if they do not get things up and running. The sold out of all their gloves! And, they had no houndstooth scarves. I suppose I won't get those. 

I went into Publix and found glasses. They are shaped like stemless wine glasses, and they might be. However, they are huge. I bought them with a return Publix card. So, I only had to pay $2.17. On Tuesday, I will go somewhere with really cheap stemless wine glasses and may return the ones from Publix. I am afraid I will drop the ones I bought. They are really huge, so when they sweat on the outside, I might drop them. Lynda might, too. Tommy said they are fine for his hand. 

We drove 36 miles out of our way to go to the Dutch Oven Bakery for lunch and to purchase little tongs and spoon. They were closed on Monday! I decided a place owned by friends would have what I wanted, high quality and expensive. I was desperate. They are also closed on Monday. Rats!

We ate at Slim Chickens and won't go there again. The meal we purchased--three chicken fingers, Texas toast and fries that were a little too spicy for me, and a drink, all for $8.99, almost $20 for two meals. The tenders were soooo tender. The breading was better than DQ, the honey mustard dip was not great. I did not need fries. The Texas Toast was great. We will go to Chicken Salad Chick next time we want to splurge.

I came home and put my car in the carport, called someone to dust and do light housekeeping for a good price, got one bedazzled card in the mail. Really, it was shiny confetti all over and cute, handmade, I do believe. All that exhausted me on top of the trip.

Tonight, I ordered Tommy a flashlight, a headlight for Christmas, and me a set of charcuterie accessories to get a tiny spoon for nuts and tiny tongs for Christmas tree foods. Still, I may find the glasses tomorrow. The flashlight is about 4" long but seems like it is bright. I will get a larger one from Lowe's where I can see it and touch it. 

We had chicken I roasted about midnight on Sunday for dinner Monday. Tommy had sweet potatoes and collards. I had salad with nasty dressing. But, we are fed. When I have chicken, I am happy. 

This morning I had a chicken and Miracle Whip sandwich for breakfast, that makes three meals of chicken breast today, and I could eat it again...lol. 

Tomorrow, he will slice the ham and we can have that for dinner. Some will be frozen. One of these chicken breast will go into the freezer, too. 

Gas was $2.67 today. Prices drop here within a few hours of buying gas. It is discouraging. 

Do you have one food, except for chocolate, that you never tire of eating? Surely, no one gets tired of chocolate! 

Does anyone shop at Belk? Have you been there lately? Opinion? 


2 comments:

  1. I understand that you have a vision and want to fulfil it, but if you are worried about not having a good grip on a stemless wine glass, perhaps you might rethink the whole notion? SWGs are egg shaped, so they are always going to be wider at the bottom, which is where you'll be trying to hang on.

    The stem on a wineglass is easily grasped, plus I'm sure they are so much cheaper and more readily available. But, you gotta do what's in your heart, so...

    A food that I never tire of? My gosh, there are so many. Tuna and chicken salad. Potato salad with mustard and egg. Cold sesame noodles. Shrimp alongside a huge bowl of horseradish cocktail sauce. I could sit here and list foods all day!

    Actually, I DO tire of chocolate. I've not opened my Advent calendar choclates for 4 days now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Wineglasses are easily tipped, so no go there. I solved the problem.
      Potato salad is a good one or chicken or tuna salad. I have never had too much chocolate except once. I ate a bag of kisses at bedtime and the chocolate kept me up all night!

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...