Friday, December 16, 2022

Nothing to Report, Just a Dog Hit

Friday, we did nothing exciting. We did a little decluttering, a little washing dishes not in the dishwasher, a little thinking about having company. 

I gave away beans, about ten pounds. I am putting more into quart jars. They will go in the freezer for three days to kill any eggs. When I cook blackeyed peas, some will be frozen for New Years. 

Saturday maybes--maybe I will cook the two turkey breasts. Maybe I will take more books from this room. Maybe I will give Lynda a few more. 

We have something to do in the morning. Maybe I will be able to sleep tonight since I have to get up at 7 am! 

Did I tell you? Someone hit a dog in front of the next-door neighbor's house Thursday night. Tommy said in the hour and a half we were gone today, someone had hit it again. Poor dog! He called someone in the city, not the right person in my opinion, but was told it would be taken care of. That was early Friday morning. We think the neighbor who races his mustang up and down the road hit the dog. 

I saved about $10 this week. I took my car to get it washed. The line was so long I came home. Since I left my car out of the carport, the rain washed it several times. Of course, it is not clean, just cleaner, mainly not so dusty looking. 

Dinner: steak we shared and still had some left over, leftover potatoes, green beans and slaw. 

The weather is turning cold here, colder and colder each day until we have a low of 16F next Friday. Brrr. But, no rain or snow is predicted. And, it seems it will be more sunny than cloudy. Good deal!

Are you getting things finished up for Christmas? I need something from a store, but I really hate to even think about going into a store right now.  

8 comments:

  1. I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping, and I do need to declutter my room. It's getting pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one little thing to get. Decluttering is sooo hard, yet so easy. Maybe the rest will make it easier.

      Delete
  2. That is cold for the south, isn't it? It's cold here at 16. I hope you now have socks and shoes and not still only sandals. How did you end up with so many beans? Do you not like them so they just accumulated from food giveaways? It's nice if you can find someone who will use them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM,
      That is cold for us. But, it may be above freezing for the day, so better. No, still wearing sandals. One time, they gave me six bags of beans! I love beans, but as a diabetic, I cannot, should not eat as many as I like. But, I won't eat pinto or kidney as they are just nasty. Plus, someone else gave me her beans. We do work until they find a good home.

      Delete
  3. And the dog being hit makes me sad. I worry about our dogs getting off leash or at the cabin where they all wander more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SAM>,
      It made us sad, too. Our dog was hit right at the end of our driveway. The children were traumatized. She was lucky she did not get killed. You can train a dog where to wander.

      Delete
  4. we are supposed to be at zero come Christmas. I don't mind snow but that cold is hard to deal with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Zero is very cold. I have felt -9 here in the South. But, only once that I can remember. You do have a good, warm stove, at least.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...