Sunday, January 22, 2023

Doldrums and Deliveries

 Today has been slower than yesterday. Both days, I have not felt well. There is nothing I can put my finger on, just malaise. Once again, we did not leave the house. Well, Tommy took a load of clothes to the washer and dryer. 

I am determined to do things tonight. Since it is 7:30 now, I need to get a move on. I need to label all my new panties with a stitch at the top seam of the elastic. I need to wash my hair. I really want to make a little progress on cutting and maybe putting the shelf paper into the drawers of the chest of drawers. 

See, that is not much. My goals are reachable, but I believe I probably should get up and start something if I ever intend to finish anything I have planned. 

One thing I want to do is make a notebook for next Christmas. I see ideas for decorations that make a big display but are dirt cheap. But, by next year I will have forgotten most of them or remember the ideas a few days before Christmas. Same for all the other holidays. I don't want to pin them or keep the information. I like a book to hold, even if I have to make the book! I can still keep a record in a notebook of where to find the idea. When I tore out magazine pages for idea, I kept them together in a large envelope or a drawer. 

I see dead simple ideas for all holidays, things I can easily implement and cheaply. Do you keep ideas? How? Where? 

What is it with deliveries these days? My United Healthcare order was only partially filled with no information when the rest will come. An Amazon order of Tommy's is delayed/cancelled. Two of my orders are cancelled. Heretofore, very few orders I have expected have arrived on late or have been cancelled. Have you had problems with deliveries, either not being delivered or late?

Dinner for me: baked chicken, wrap with ham. Swiss cheese, and lettuce. Also, half an apple and 8 huge strawberries. Tommy: pork loin, salad, mashed potatoes, cheese toast later.

8 comments:

  1. Your dinner sounds delicious. We had stir fry cabbage, carrots, and onions, with Polish Sausage. Bailey handles all the Christmas decorations here. She gets many of them at yard sales. If it were just me here, I wouldn’t decorate, but I do it for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      It was great and all leftovers. Your dinner sounds delicious, too. I did collect more ideas and do more, but not so much now. I am glad you do it for her. Good mother. I don't get to many yard sales, so don't buy much anywhere.

      Delete
  2. I would be afraid that if I wrote down ideas, I would lose the book before I needed them. Sometimes at work, I think of things and I put them as an appointment/meeting on my Outlook calendar. Even up to a year out.

    What is the purpose of the stitch in the panties? Why do you need to mark them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I hate keeping things in laptop or phone! I will keep the book closeby.
      I bought new ones just like the old ones, same size, but a higher waist. I won't get rid of the old ones, but need to keep them distinct. It is not apparent looking at them. I have segregated them mostly, but this will help me to further relegate the old ones from new.

      Delete
  3. Pinterest is the online idea of a scrapbook/ ideas board so if you have a pinterest account you can put your ideas there. I never got into it, it seemed clunky.
    I sometimes take screenshots of recipes and things I might like to buy.
    A wrap with ham, cheese and lettuce sounds great. My lunch is coming up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      I fear I would spend all my time at Pinterest, so I don't get involved.

      Delete
  4. weather might be affecting how you feel.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...