Thursday, January 19, 2023

Solving a few Problems




Several months ago, a woman had a product that I decided to try one day. So, I bought it--Kraft Spaghetti Classics Tangy Italian Spaghetti, Spice Mix & Parmesan Cheese.  I want to thaw some cooked ground beef to add to it. 

The woman said her grandsons love it. I will taste it and let you know what I think. I am looking forward to this. But, I highly doubt I will ever purchase it again. Plus, it has angel hair pasta which I don't like, either. I may use some regular spaghetti instead. Have you tried this?

I found Kraft Chunk Cheese Medium for $3. I grabbed six or had someone hand it to me. Somehow, I came home with two mild cheese which I loathe and a pepper jack that Tommy will eat, not me. I can eat the mild but it is gross. It tastes bitter to me. So much for getting a bargain! 

Today, I had several goals. I made a list and we set out. We stayed away for two hours and made three stops. 

First, The Pig. Tommy had mentioned he needed something for a bit of athlete's foot he had. He is not happy he cannot reach his feet to wash them, either. I knew none of this. I have several tubs like wash pans that people use in a sink. But, that would be inadequate. If he could put it on the floor, he could reach his feet. So, I bought a Libman bucket that is tall and has a handle. I thought it might work. He tried and it would not. With that purchase, I used a digital coupon and received a Success Boil in Bag Rice. (buy $10 and get the rice free) I will give that to my 90 yr+ friends. She said they would use it. 

I will get some kind of bin that suits him, and I will use that bucket because I cannot get into the shower as it frightens me as the sound of the water makes me dizzy. It is hard to get my feet clean!

 A few weeks ago, we both got day planners. His runs from July 22 to June 23 and he hates it. So, I got him a new one. I don't understand why the first one ran like it did. Useless. At another store I bought a long brush for my feet. Since my knees swell from a medication, I cannot reach my feet either! 

While in The Pig, I found two balls for a quarter each. These will be therapy for us...lol. We can kick the soccer ball and toss the pink ball. Well, when we get them blown up, they will be useful to support present skills and not lose the skills. We do have the little air thing for tires, so maybe we won't explode the balls. 

Onward--I bought a package of panties, Command hooks, E6000 glue, and Squeaky-Clean Straws. The Command hooks are to put on the bathroom waste basket, but upside down to hold the plastic bag liner in place. It usually slides down. I saw it on the internet. Tommy approves.

The E600 glue is for the reindeer that fell and broke its leg. Then, I can finally put it away.  The Squeaky-Clean Straws are split down the side to open and wash, needing no cleaning brush. They are BPA-Free and plastic-free and can be put in the dishwasher and are silicone. Of course, they are reusable. I tried opening a straw and closing it back. It works. 

At the Publix in Cullman, they had a spray for athlete's foot that Tommy liked. Here, they did not have the Tinactin Liquid, so I bought another Tinactin he liked. It cools the burn which he does not have. Oh, I bought a 1/8 sheet pan, small like we needed to put multiple items in the oven. I also bought strawberries and yellow squash. 

My daffodils at my lot are blooming! 

Did I say that last night I ordered items, otc that are allowed and healthy food? 

Dinner: baked chicken, green peas for Tommy, and mashed potatoes. 

Have you ever heard of or used Command Hooks on the outside of a wastebasket to hold a bag in place? 

Have you ever used the Straws that split to wash? If so, how do you like them?





13 comments:

  1. I have had the pizza kit often. My IL's used to get the spaghetti kit years ago and loved it. I haven't seen it at the stores here for years.
    The day planners are teacher planners - dated more for the school year. The have normal planners and teacher planners.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      I have not seen the pizza kit. It must be popular here. Hopefully, it is at least good.
      There was nothing to indicate it was a teacher planner, but thanks.

      Delete
  2. I picked up a "weird" day planner over here one time too. Turns out it was for school kids and ran to coincide with the school year. That might well be what yours was for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treaders,
      That must be what it is. I wondered. Now, one more thing to watch out for!

      Delete
  3. My aunt used it. I like angel hair pasta for Chinese noodles LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      Thanks. I must be the last person to hear about this and use it. I don't think I have ever eaten Chinese noodles.

      Delete
  4. I have never seen that spaghetti kit. I have seen people use the command hooks to keep bags on the trash cans, but personally I have not. The planner was probably for school kids/teachers. I hate those types of planners. When I was looking for one at Walmart they have many that were July to July, but only one or two that were for January-December. I finally found one that was for January to December. I have never seen the split straws. That sounds like an interesting concept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rachel,
      Until I saw the spaghetti in a woman's cart as she was putting it on the belt checking out, I had never seen it either. But, I don't buy from that Kraft section except for maybe twice a year mac n cheese.
      I am sold on this idea. It works! The bag has not slipped into the waste basket and it's been there two days.
      I have seen the school dayplanners, but not in years and always in school supplies. I was looking in the section with dayplanners.
      The straws seem to work. Now, I can have a straw when I want one and not have to buy them and throw them out.

      Delete
  5. I have not seen that boxed spaghetti product before, but I am not surprised it exists. I would not try it, as I try very hard to stay away from refined white pasta. I love it, but it does not love me. It makes my blood sugar skyrocket like nothing else (except pure sugar).
    So pasta is pretty much off the menu.

    Pizza, too. If I want pizza I make it using a low-carb tortilla with a bit of turkey pepperoni and shredded cheese. No tomato sauce, as I don't need it.

    I read recently that King Arthur makes a keto (low-carb) flour! I must make a point of finding it and try baking with it. I would love to bake an artisan keto boule, or keto challah.

    The split straws sound interesting but fiddly. I like a straw for drinking a diet cola (to save my tooth enamel), so I buy paper straws. They are compostable and a renewable resource. I'm glad there are different ways of attacking environmental problems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I commented on this! Where did it go? As a matter of fact, I commented when the first comment disappeared. I try to limit pastas. I could eat it every day in some form, but don't. I will see if this straw is fiddly or not. I should not drink anything that will erode or stain my enamel. I do worry about the environment!

      Delete
  6. Patience above! I was raised on this kit! This is what Mother called italian cooking. I should get a pack to see if it still has the same mix for the tomato sauce. I loved it so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother never even pretended to cook Italian. She cooked nothing but old-fashioned, German-influenced, Midwestern meat-and-potatoes meals.

      But she made the most marvelous tortes, coffee cakes (kuchen) and other desserts! Although she routinely burned the first baking sheet of every single batch of cookies she ever made. I am not exaggerating! We kids fully expected homemade cookies to have a burnt bottom. Weren't everyone's homemade cookies like that? :^) :^) :^)

      Delete
    2. Sue,
      My mother only cooked one Italian food--spaghetti. It was delicious and loved by all. Daddy, from Illinois, loved meat and potatoes, but he had to have beans, too, mostly Great Northern beans.
      I cannot recall my mother ever burning any cake or cookies. But, that does not mean she never did. We loved things she baked, so maybe scorched would have not been bad for us. lol.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...