Sunday, January 8, 2023

Sunday

 Today, little has happened. I got seven hours, sleep and then needed a long nap. I suppose I am still trying to catch up and overcome my sleep deficit from last week. 

Tommy washed the kitchen linens and dried them while I slept, and I folded them. He also took a heap of things off my table beside my bed. I cannot sit on the bed because it hurts my back, and I cannot bend long enough. Now, I can sort it. The cleaner added to the little heap I had, so it was impossibly high. I had asked him for a week, so I told him to do it today. When I have complained about him taking too long, he has told me to tell him to do it now. So, I did...lol. Every little bit of decluttering helps, even if I need help.

Early this evening, I sat in my chair and put color on my hair. It had three inches of white at the roots! It was shameful and shabby looking. There is no color on my chair. I am careful, but still, the quilt on the chair protects it. And, I wore a cheap dress-black, navy and a bit of white. So, if it gets color on it, no problem. My hair looks and feels so much better. 

For my dinner tonight, I made hot chicken salad. If anyone is interested in what I made, I will post it tomorrow. It has six ingredients--chopped chicken (used turkey breast), chopped celery, chopped cheese, lemon juice, pepper, Mayo (NOT MW). I tried it once with mw and it was nasty. 

One online recipe had 12 ingredients! Not the one I used. I guessed the measurements of each item and it turned out great. 

Tommy's dinner: chicken breast, cranberry sauce, slaw, caprese rolls, and something else. He prepared his own plate while I chopped and mixed my meal. 

We watched Lion King. Tommy had never seen it. I had and did not want to watch it. But, since he had not, I did watch it and am very glad I did. 

Today was pleasant with just a little rain. Tomorrow should be better--no rain. 

Between the two of us, we loaded the dishwasher and it is going. It is 11:30, and I forgot to take meds. So, this will be a long night.

Boring, right? Well, we cannot always have an exciting day. 

What was exciting or boring about your Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday was good. I went to church and shopped. I actually cooked a full meal yesterday. Today, I return to work, and life becomes normal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhitter,
      Your Sunday sounds like a nice, calm day. I am glad you are back at work.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...