Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Tuesday--Not Much

 I called my new doctor on Monday and never received a return call. I called back today and the answering service tried to answer my questions and told me there were no appointments for a week! Since when does the answering service do this? Even the np does not have an appointment until Monday. I would not go to her anyway. Finally, I convinced answering service to connect me to the front desk. Nope, no appointments. 

So, they wasted the day. I will go to afc tomorrow! 

I don't freeze milk and never have except for the first and only time. You still have to have it taking up room in the freezer for several days as it thaws.  I did try pouring it in pint jars and freezing it so that the thawing was not too bad. But, no, won't ever freeze milk. Tommy does and can deal with drinking it as it thaws. 

Monday night, I baked 18 drumsticks and two chicken breasts. So, I have frozen meat. Tonight, I will bake the turkey breast and freeze that. Maybe I won't.

Two naps took most of my day...lol. I had Special K and 1/2 banana and milk for breakfast. For lunch a chicken sandwich. For dinner, I don't want anything. Maybe I will have oats or Cream of Wheat. 

Today, I called uhc and ordered more otc/food items. In the catalog, I found Spam. Since when is Spam healthy food, purportedly all that can be bought with the funds? It makes no sense. . Hormel Compleats are not healthy but approved by uhc. I don't eat it, anyway. Before Jan 31, I will go to Publix and spend the last $35 on produce or whatever foodstuffs I am allowed to purchase. 

Dinner: Tommy had baked chicken, mashed potatoes, leftover English peas. I had a piece of apple pie and milk. 

Last night, I mended four dishcloths, mending tiny holes that were growing. Or did I say that? Today, I folded clothes and hung more to dry. I am not really ambitious. 

Tonight, we have been watching Marion Davies films. Interesting. 

I have been a slug today, a slug with a fever. What have you accomplished? Cooked?


10 comments:

  1. I started a new medication yesterday, a muscle relaxer to be taken 3 times a day, I have been very drowsy but the the pain is gone. I had a bowl of oatmeal for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Texas,
      I hope the medication works to relieve the pain. I should have had oats instead of apple pie. I love oats.

      Delete
  2. Last night I made pork loin mini-roast with roasted red potatoes, and steamed some green beans with bits of bacon. Work was productive as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhitter,
      That sounds wonderful, delicious! I dreamed I bought a roast.

      Delete
  3. I folded all the laundry and Bailey put it away for me. I made some chocolate pumpkin muffins and placed some in the freezer. I also mad3 a corn casserole. It was movie night, so I made a pizza and some popcorn for that. It was pretty low key here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      YUM! I thought about making a pizza, but I didn't eat anything. I love chocolate and pumpkin, so those muffins sound just right.

      Delete
  4. Oh...your UHC shopping benefits--is that what you were referring to? We use that (DH's carrier.) Often, the items he chooses are not available. Moreover, they come piecemeal--we'll get several boxes over the course of the benefit period, all from Walmart. That said, I DO have a nice supply of cotton swabs, bandages, and generic cold medicine. The last time he tried to place an order, the things we would use were not available--he debated using the points to get a "big ticket" item, which we have no use for. I told him to just wait, because I'm the one who has to find a home for stuff we don't use. Two moves in three years certainly eliminated a lot of "stuff," but I could have done better. I also have no desire to accumulate bins and closets full of things that I "might" need someday. I rarely regret either tossing/donating or, better yet, not acquiring items.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meg,
      Yes, uhc shopping benefits. I found things not available, too. On Feb. 1, I will be off that plan. I saw Bandaids, but have plenty. I do need tape since I am allergic to tape, but there was no way I could tell exactly what tape I was seeing in the tiny picture in the online catalog. What kind of "big ticket" item could you get? I know about regret and I usually have no regret about not acquiring or getting rid of stuff!

      Delete
    2. If I remember correctly, it was one of those wrap-around back brace supporters.

      Delete
    3. I saw some things like that that I thought about getting. I did get the oximeter.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...