Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Miracle Whip to Fertilize Plants

 Today, I was talking to Lynda about gardening. She said her squash planted in the ground did not do as well as they should last year. I told her I used Miracle Whip on my plants in pots. I just added more water and sprayed Miracle Whip on their little flower faces and talked to them. I did the same with a pink dogwood that grew really tall. Maybe she should try Miracle Whip on the squash plants, I suggested. 

I let out a startled denial and she spluttered something at the same time. I meant MIRACLE GRO! Yes, I am exhausted once again this afternoon. I had a total of 4.5 hours sleep on Monday and another 4 hours last night.

Let me reiterate! "Don't use Miracle Whip on plants!" 

My hand where the IV was placed is free of any mark or bruise. I am shocked. I have never had an IV, especially a failed IV, that did not bruise. And that is two sticks in the same place. I got lucky with him. I will certainly commend him to his employer. Most phlebotomists barely hold gauze against the site or ask me to do it. Hmmm. Maybe they need to hold it really hard and tight and as long as he did. once, I had a bruise from my arm pit to beyond my wrist to hand. It took weeks to heal and I answered plenty of questions from strangers. 

It is almost 8 pm and still warm--65F. I have been thinking about plants all day--flowers and food. 

How big were your bruises from a needle?"\

What is your worst/best/funniest malapropism?


10 comments:

  1. LOL 😂 I thought Miracle Whip was a real plant booster until I read further along. hehehe 😜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda.
      Then I wrote it well. lol Glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I was thinking BLAST I should have tried Miracle whip...though I think Hubby might have been upset since he smothers everything with it LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      I would not want to waste my MW on a plant. I love it, even with a spoon.

      Delete
  3. I get a lot of needles and my veins are terrible. I always get bruised from them. And IVs are even worse. I often have to get them in the back of my hand and it's awful, so I feel your pain. Sorry you have to go through that.

    Sassybear
    https://idleeyesandadormy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sean,
      The back of the hand is the worst. I was not screaming yet, but I was making a racket. I hate it, too, for both of us. And, I need two surgeries. I hate it.

      Delete
  4. I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago and am still bruised from hand to bicep on both arms. I was a mess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan,
      There is nothing in arm and only a faint smudge on the back of my hand. They don't have to bruise you! I hope everything is okay with your health.

      Delete
  5. Back in the 70s I read that you could clean and shine large leaf house plants with a small amount of Mayonnaise. DON'T do it!
    At first the plant looked beautiful and I was quite pleased but after just a few days the plant began to smell bad. I ended up washing it to remove the odor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet,
      After reading it smelled, I am not surprised--old mayo. eww I suppose the plant like a bath, at least. I read about that back then, but we did not used mayo, so I never spent money to smear it on a plant.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...