Monday, February 13, 2023

Tommy is Proposing to Me

 We have talked it over and think it is a good idea. Here is the plan. The PROPOSAL will be special.  Maybe we can get a divorce or just not get married. Long engagement? This idea looks like fun. We certainly laughed about it for an hour. 

Today, I awoke after about 3 hours sleep. I was bummed to be up sooo early. However, I took a nap from 2 pm to 5:30 pm. I have felt well all day until about 9 pm. Now, I feel drained again. 

We went out late in order to get a med I need. Now, Walgreen won't honor my insurance. They sold me two prescriptions on Friday, so nothing changed. Earlier, we went to Publix to get milk for both of us, squash and zucchini, frozen broccoli for the chicken, rice, cheese casserole. I needed bananas and apples. He said he picked up 40 apples before he found good ones for me. 

Tonight, he cut all the meat from a ham I had thawing in the refrigerator. I froze all but some for one more meal. I think I will cook potatoes, squash, zucchini and ham dish this week. He loves zucchini and squash, so he is eager for this along with the chicken and rice dish. No, I am not cooking beans and ham bone unless I feel much better tomorrow!

When he finished, we ate dinner. Then, I froze about seven quarts of ham. Of course, the bags were not full. I had ham and lots of slaw. Tommy had ham, Brussels sprouts, carrots, and another vegetable. Then, he had a ham sandwich and cheese. 

After dinner, he washed the dishes used for slicing the ham--two bowls, knives, forks, baking dish, tray. It was a mess. 

What do you think of the proposal plan? We had a good time laughing about the things we could do not to have to cook dinner every night. 

12 comments:

  1. DO IT. And then come back here and tell us all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I would have to wash my hair...lol. I am not sure I am up to it...lol.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like Mother and Pop (step dad), they lived together, got engaged, separated , got back together got married, got divorced but NEVER separated and then remarried 5 yrs later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chef,
      That would certainly side-step the actual marriage.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your engagement ;) I ate at a Cracker Barrel for the first time on the day we moved my mom. I don't think I was very hungry because nothing on the menu looked good to me so I ended up having breakfast for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      We are still laughing at our convoluted plans to get food and not marry. We did have good laughs. I imagine you were very distracted with all the plans and worrying about your mother.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Kim,
      Laughing about this did make us happy.

      Delete
    2. I have been away for a couple of days, I also had to get a new laptop. It just died without warning. I have found it cheaper to just get a new one than pay someone to figure out the problem. I spend the least amount as I use it mainly for email and blogs etc.

      Boy, you really surprised me on content the last couple of days. I laughed and also felt so bad for you. Things are tough, no one really knows how others feel. I have not yet started physical therapy for my neck. I just don't have the energy to put up with all the appointments and new people. I am taking my medication they gave me, makes me loopy. I have to plan going out, either postponing taking the medication or stay home. Do not want to drive too much right now.

      We have a Zaxby's and a Chicken Salad Chic both in the area but I still have not tried either one. I just don't go out that often and I can make some pretty good fried chicken and chicken salad at home. Kind of like tuna salad, I don't want to buy it out as I prefer my own and I know how fresh it is. Usually, if I am going to eat out I crave a really good hamburger. I can do that at home but there is one place that has the best burger "Chaps".

      Have a great day!!

      Delete
    3. Mine gave me plenty of warning. It went from sounding like the noise from an alien spacecraft after the doors are opened. Now, it is screeching like a scorched cat. Email, blogs, and reading the news is all mine is used for at all. When salesmen hear I am not a gamer, they say that is easy. They know mine is not going to be high end and overly expensive.
      I understand not feeling like going for physical therapy. When I had physical therapy, I was exhausted afterwards. And, not taking medication that makes you woozy is just smart.
      Chicken Salad Chick is worth the money but not something I want to spend that much money on to eat. Zaxby's is great, but just convenience. Since I like my tuna salad the way I make it, I have never bought tuna salad anywhere.
      I found a copycat recipe for the CSC chicken salad, classic. I may make that. And, with the scoop, I had loaded potato soup. Both were delicious. I never heard of Chaps.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a good plan to me. 😊 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      We had an hour or more of laughing at the plans we made.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...