Saturday, March 25, 2023

One of the Reasons I Love Commercials

 Yes, I love commercials. But, I can only tell you one reason right now as I feel too awful to write much. 

I was listening to a commercial as I was doing something else, not really giving it my full attention. However, I heard something about the price of insulin being capped at $35. I think that was the price. Well, Tommy had just gotten his a few days before, and I asked him how much it cost--something like $90. 

Immediately, I asked him again. So, I told him what was on the commercial. The next day he called his pharmacy while I was in a store. It appears he has been overcharged for at least three months. He should be due about $200 when he gets this resolved. He had to file a grievance. 

Okay, that is just one reason I love commercials. Tomorrow, I may feel like giving you more reasons. We went to Cullman today after I slept about two hours. Then, I slept another two hours taking a nap. Monday, I will begin the ordeal of getting my thyroid condition assessed and fixed. I cannot believe the ENT is taking the initiative when two family doctors have sort of said, hmmm, and gone on to something else. 

Do you know someone who takes insulin that might need to review their costs with the insurance company? I think this cost is even for those without insurance. 

14 comments:

  1. I too love commercials. Apparently since before I can remember. I'm told I would be playing with toys but when a commercial came on I came running into the room to watch. I have been known to stop dh from changing channels during a commercial just because I haven't seen it before, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One,
      I love that since I stop Tommy from changing the channel during a commercial, too, even if I have seen it before. I whet and whine if he changes it before I can ask him not to do so. He says, "It was just a commercial!" That is funny that as a child you ran to watch commercials.

      Delete
  2. I think a lot of people will benefit from the insulin price cap (https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/01/health/eli-lilly-insulin-prices-diabetes/index.html) I hope you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. COL.
      I think they will, too, if they know about it when things go wrong. Thanks for the link.

      Delete
  3. I think I learn more from my news feed on my phone than from TV commercials, but that's just because I'm on my phone more, I suppose.

    For example, I just came across a Buzzfeed article that featured a small fire extinguisher that worked like a regular aerosol spray can, rather than the traditional complicated model. I asked DD if her landlord had supplied one; he had not. So I am ordering one for each of us. So I learned something new and addressed a safety issue at DD's apt. Feels like a win all around!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am on my phone about two minutes a week, so that is not something I do.

      Delete
  4. Forgot to add--the insulin thing is a huge catch on your part! Tommy must be very grateful to your for your vigilance. I think he owes you a chicken salad lunch for your sleuthing!

    I'm genuinely sorry you're not feeling well. I hope your ENT is able to help with your thyroid. The fact that he even wants to pursue it is a good sign! Good vibes to you for better health...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will talk to him about the sandwich and remind him when he gets the money.

      Right now, I would feel better dead.

      Delete
  5. Had you really not heard anything about capping the price of insulin at $35 (for those 65 and older)? It has been in the news for months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bobbie,
      Since I don't take insulin, noting this was just not something I did. But, I had just heard the price he paid a few days before, so it caught my attention.

      Delete
  6. I don't watch TV but when we watch something on streaming I tend to use the commercials to get up and do things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Insulin in the States is very expensive, a price cap will help.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...