Friday, April 28, 2023

Amazed

 I was very ill with a sinus infection that was also causing a sore throat and chest congestion. However, for the first time in a long time, I have managed to turn this around. I am amazed! Usually, it gets so bad I resort to going to the doctor. My answer--claritin, hall's mentholyptus cough drops, chicken broth, guaifenesin, two allergy nose drops, singulair. I managed to sleep 7 and 8 hours a few nights, mainly because of being ill. But, I do believe the sound sleep helped me to recover. As you know, I get very little sleep most nights. Even with 8 hours sleep, I have still needed a nap. 

Now that I am better, I need to do a few things with plants. First, I will mix MiracleGro All Purpose Plant Food for all the flowers and berry plants. Tommy will apply. I need to decide the soil best for the blueberry bushes and for the blackberry bushes. Both will go into pots, huge pots. That is enough thinking for the present...lol. 

For the last two weeks, I have been worrying about where my bluebird and cardinal I made have been. Well, I found the bluebird given to me and decided to give it another coat of blue spray paint. I could not find that either after I found the bird! Now, I have bird and paint ready for Saturday. 

The pansies in my concrete bunny died this winter. I am not sure why. But, they came back. There are no blooms at this point, but I hope I get blooms. I might put strawberry lemonade million bells in the bunny.

I have my binoculars out to view the baby robins in the nest, but I keep forgetting to watch them! So, I must do that tomorrow and regularly every day. 

My exercise program starts today, Friday. For the last week, Tommy has mostly waited on me. But, for last three days, I have been up waiting on myself. So, I decided I will take a random walk down the hall for no reason except to move my body. My knee is cooperating and moving without pain once again, so we put my walker back in the car. I still have the regular walker in the bedroom, so I can use it in an emergency. I put my cane in the closet, so I have things other than the wheeled walker with a seat. 

Today has been pleasant, hot, sunny mostly. I am still decluttering a bit, but stuff is disappearing. I am taking the free books I acquired back to the free place so someone else can have them. That won't happen this week, but I did make a decision. 

Dinner: Tommy had chicken thigh, mustard greens, and baked potato. I had pimiento cheese sandwich, and bowl of blueberries and half an apple. I will eat mustard greens later. 

Saturday, I have a pork loin and vegetables for the crock pot. I will make chopped slaw. 

What gardening chores do you have planned for the weekend? Decluttering? 

8 comments:

  1. I’m glad you are feeling better. It’s a good plan to walk down the hallway once per day to keep up your mobility. I hope you get to watch the robins, how neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belinda,
      Thanks. I am just a bit better and not getting worse, so I hope that continues. I am walking down the hall several times a day. Ten times for no reason is the goal.

      Delete
  2. No gardening chores here; too rainy. My sugar snaps are now wrapping tendtrils around the spire supports! I also planted carrots and watermelon radishes in two big tubs. The carrots are sad and spindly (but I've read they are very hard to grow) but the radishes are looking good. Sure hope I get a few radishes at least. I need to apply some Miracle Grow, too. Thanks for the reminder!

    Your exercise program is really a good idea. I am going to use you as inspiration and try to create my own program, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I always think i will grow carrots, but never have. I eat radishes but don't want to waste space on something Tommy hates.
      I believe I walked down the hall needlessly about ten times needlessly. This is not counting the times I actually had to go down the hall.

      Delete
  3. PS Happy for you that you were able to turn around your sinus infection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      It is still here, but I am working on it. At least, I don't feel so awful.

      Delete
  4. PPS: Blueberries need acid. Miracle Grow does make a fertilizer specifically for acid-loving plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I knew they needed acid, but not about MG making a fertilizer for acid-loving plants.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...