Tuesday, April 4, 2023

I Have Enough Now

 Remember when I could not get fluticasone with insurance? My friend in the military gave me three bottles. Then, I got 6 at Sam's for something like $20. I kept getting a notice from CVS that I had a prescription to pick up. Well, my insurance now supposedly does not cover my insurance. But, finally, after notices several days for a week, I went to pick up whatever it was. 

Oh! Fluticasone/Flonase! So, I went and picked it up for $1.45. Two days later, I opened the bag to put it away. There were three bottles of fluticasone. I can handle $.50 per bottle. And none of them will expire before I can use them. I don't need to think about this until the end of 2024. The three free bottles will more than cover what Tommy uses in a year. 

I was thinking about wanting chocolate. I told Tommy, musing about what I should have. I keep the little hot chocolate mixes, Swiss Miss, I think. I may have three all winter long. Plus, I keep chocolate chips and count out just a few, maybe 8, to soothe my chocolate craving. Tommy said the thought of chocolate made him feel yuck. Throughout this whole ordeal, I have not lost my craving for chocolate. 

Today, as we left the driveway to go on two errands, I discovered that everyone who lives around here has the suv type that has a pickup front. All this time, I have been clueless. I am just not in tune with cars. 

Now that Tommy has "recovered" and refuses to do anything I say he should do, he is not doing the things that helped him to get better. His OA was 94 and two days later, it is 93. He refuses to take a deep breath and cough. He just pants out a little cough and is happy getting out a bit of phlegm. He gurgles all night and all day and never makes a concerted effort to expel anything from his lungs and clear up the gurgling and low roar than emanates from his chest. He swears there is nothing in his lungs. This is not voodoo, witchy herbs, just breathing I am suggesting.

I wonder if his 50-year smoking habit is hurting him now. 

I am still very weak. Of course, my insomnia is not helping recovery. But, I do nap as usual. I was going to wash my hair yesterday and today. But, thinking about the energy I would expend makes me rethink. It is filthy and needs color. Oh well. There is always tomorrow or next week.

I had to throw out meat I thawed to cook. Now, I found more meat that Tommy swore was not in the refrigerator! The salad is bad. And, cooked chicken is going in the trash. Last night, I finally got a load of dishes in to wash. We have not used many dishes. But, they are all clean. 

Have you ever lost your taste or desire for chocolate? 

8 comments:

  1. I desire chocolate less and less as I get older, and I never want it when I am sick. I am more interested in fruit flavors. Lemon curd pie, lemon pound cake, key lime pie, strawberry summer cake, raspberries, blackberries, orange sugar-free jello with mandarins, lime sugar-free gelatin with chopped canned pears, pineapple...

    Chocolate chip cookie or a cup of fresh sliced strawberries with whipped cream? Strawberries, no question!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not desire fruit flavors or fruits less. Chocolate is just in a class by itself. Now, I want fruit...lol. Chips Ahoy original Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favorite.
    Never heard of lemon curd pie, but I love lemon curd, especially with chocolate pound cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lemon curd pie is so easy and so delicious!
      Buy a jar of lemon curd, a pint of full-fat sour cream, and box of Keebler mini graham cracker pie crusts.
      - Mix equal amounts of curd and sour cream in a small bowl.
      - Spoon filling into mini crusts, to just below the crust rims.
      - Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
      - Spritz with some canned whipped cream. Devour.
      - Repeat as necessary!

      Delete
    2. Sue,
      Thanks. I always make my own lemon curd, but it may be time to find a jar in the store.

      Delete
  3. PS: Try not to feel bad about the wasted food. Good food goes bad or gets wasted when one is too sick to be keep track of meat, produce, etc. It takes vigilance to make sure nothing goes to waste, and being sick is a time for self-care, not pantry management.

    Linda, Tommy is gonna recover on his own, so you'll just have to leave him alone. It's not like he's going to drown in his own phlegm. He's back to being an irritable dumbass, and there's naught to be done about it. You kept him alive and he's recovered well enough to be stubborn and ridiculous. So be it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      Yeah, just disappointed. I asked Tommy about what meat we had and he brought me two pieces that were rotten. However, he did not bring me the other two items thawing. I might have been able to cook those instead of getting Publix chicken. But, it has happened, so not kicking myself too much.
      When I asked him if he had taken guaifenesin today. He said, "You have not offered me any." So, now that he is better, he still wants stuff I have...lol. He probably did deep breathing while I took a nap. Sometimes, I see him doing something he says I don't need to tell him, so I know he has not. I just live with it his pettiness...lol.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...