Thursday, April 13, 2023

He Makes Me Laugh and New Normal

 This morning I saw Tommy put a mustard and a catsup bottle on his walker seat. Then, he headed to the kitchen. Later, I saw the catsup bottle in the bag under his walker seat. I asked him why. He said, "It's my catsup." I asked again. He said he got it out and took it to the kitchen to put on a hotdog, and now he was putting it up. He pointed to an area beside his chair.  I was laughing on the inside, but I said, "Oh." 

He uses the cheapest mustard ever. Same with catsup. I don't, but I rarely ever use either. But, I store both in the refrigerator, not beside my chair. 

Since store ads are not delivered to the door, I have to use the internet. Looking at grocery ads should be done with a paper ad. Period. Sometimes, the pictures and words are too small to read. I know how to make it all larger and readable. But, I hate it. I hate all the clicking to see the next page. So, we have a new normal for ads. We drive to the store, pick them up on Wednesday. Then, we go home and read and mark and make a list. Oftentimes, I do carry the ad back with me as I shop. 

So, we did the ads pickup on Wednesday. The best sale was the Kraft Chunk Cheddar at the Pig. The list is made. Publix and the Pig are close. There is another store I do like, but I have to be able to walk into the store to get a cart, and I cannot drive it to the car. It is a pain, but I will go in there for a good cherry picking. 

Wednesday, Tommy went in and bought what we wanted, got the free item, Kraft Dressing. We arrived at the store where I told him he would have to use my phone for the ad to be valid. Well, I forgot my purse at home! He said we would just go home and get it. Usually, he would be annoyed, but he wanted to good price on Pepsi, so he went into the house and retrieved my purse. I turned it on and handed him the phone before he went inside, telling him to just hand it to the cashier, and if they insisted he find it, to tell them he did not know how. Well, that is the truth. 

He came out and it all worked for him. I felt too awful to go inside myself. For two days, I am always on the verge of throwing up, so will not take the chance of going inside. Besides, I am weak otherwise. Consequently, I eat little and can tell I am losing weight. Zofran is on the way. 

He not only chopped and cooked the ground beef, he drained it immediately like I told him I do. And, he disposed of the grease in a cereal liner bag with paper in it. He learns well, especially since he spent almost two thousand dollars getting the lines unclogged twice last year. We are having spaghetti and salad tonight. 

Do you store catsup/ketchup and mustard inside the refrigerator, on the shelf or beside your chair? lol

Do you prefer paper ads or digital?

6 comments:

  1. While I keep both ketchup and mustard in the fridge, they can be kept at room temperature for up to a month and two months, respectively. We don't use them often enough to be within that window, so we refrigerate them.

    I do like paper ads, but hubby has usually read the paper and thrown it away or burned it by the time I get home from work, so digital ads are the way I get my information most often. I have a very large screen, so seeing the words is not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice,
      I have read that they can be kept room temp, but like you, I don't use them quickly enough. I even had catsup go black, so I threw that out.
      Tommy knows not to destroy any paper. That would bother me for the news. Publix ads are readable online. The Pig is not readable on my laptop. Maybe I need something larger than a laptop screen.

      Delete
  2. I prefer paper ads for sure. I use a marker to circle items I want instead of making out a list. I won't look at store ads on my phone, and I even dislike looking at them on my computer. Too lazy, or too set in my ways? Probably a good bit of both!

    I keep my ketchup and mustard in a fanny pack which I wear at all times. You never know when a condiment emergency will arise, and I want to be prepared. It makes showering a little difficult, but I prevail over such hardships

    I use only the finest, most expensive condiments and therefore refuse to share with the local peasants I mean the rest of my family.

    When I need to put ketchup on a hot dog, I go for a 2 mile hike, put it on at my destination, and then walk home to eat it. I mean, why would I put the ketchup on right where it was conveniently located? Much better to trek it to different location and apply it there.

    OMG, the Tommy comedy is pure gold some days... LOLOLOLOLOL!!! :^D :^D ^D :^D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue,
      I think it is the same thinking that I prefer a book or newspaper to digital.
      He sure keeps his stuff near his elbow. It was so bizarre that I left it alone!
      This is so funny that I want to tell him. But, I won't.

      Delete
  3. I am a snob about mustard buying good stuff no rubbish. As for ketchup I buy the cheap stuff as I always mix it with hot sauce or worchestire sauce so why buy better?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I like French's, the good yellow stuff. That said, I do like good brown mustard. Del Monte is my favorite catsup. But, I rarely use catsup. It goes bad.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...