Thursday, April 20, 2023

I Received Four Extra Hours on Thursday

 It felt like we were given four extra hours today. We were both ecstatic. Well, I was. We had one of those appointments today where the repair person would be here between 1 pm and 5 pm. Well, I just knew he would get here about a quarter to five. No. He was her at 1 pm. This is the guy who will repair my lift recliner. 

The whole undercarriage will have to be replaced. This will be pricey. He helped us beyond the chair carriage. I asked him what he knew about the battery to get my feet down when we lost electricity. He pulled out a box sitting on the floor and showed me where an nine-volt battery. It is just that easy. He does think the battery is good for only one use. Plus, he told me about the big battery case that must be charged and can be used without plugging it into the wall. I feel fortunate that he was so knowledgeable. 

About 12:30 pm we were out of here to do things we needed to do today. 

The thing we went to SAM's on Wednesday to buy was wrong. So, that had to go back on Thursday, and they did not have what we needed. The return was easy. Tommy got us a hot dog and diet drink for $1.38. These are the foods that will cause hardening of the arteries. So, neither of us need them. Thankfully, we live far from Homewood! 

At Publix, Tommy tried to return something and get another, different flavor. He had to bring it home because this was something not on the shelf. There were no nine-volt batteries. But, I did use the coin machine instead of rolling coins. Well, Tommy kept putting the job off, so I ended up just paying the coin machine to count pennies, nickels, and dimes. 

I had 75 quarters and thought I would just spend them a few at a time. I only saved about 20 cents by holding them back. These coins were what I had saved over three years. Some were picked up, some were from the bottom of my purse or pocket. All told, I have $30.28. This is my plant fund. 

Tonight for dinner, I will bake some chicken slices and vegetables--carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and sugar snap peas. Maybe this will offset the huge hotdog we had along with a huge bun and a huge diet drink. For breakfast I had blueberries, strawberries, cheese, and milk. So, the Sam's treat was the only bad thing today. 

It seems that when I have to stay home for a repairman, that everything I want to drive and do is urgent. I am antsy the whole time. Do you hate to stay home for someone who will come eventually? Once I waited all day and got a call that the repairmen had run late and I could wait another four hours the next week, not even the next day. I was fit to be tied. 

Today, was a good day even though we did not get everything done. And, Tommy was not so sweet today, but not as horrid as some days. 

We drove to Piggly Wiggly and Giant to get ads. 

He returned something at Big Box and the money was put back on the cc. 

We arrived home about 5 pm, having spent our free four hours doing things that needed to be done. So, essentially it frees up other days and hours. 

How was your Thursday? Did things go smoothly? Do you hate waiting in the four-hour window for a repairman to come? 

2 comments:

  1. Today Thursday wasn't a bad one. I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Urspo,
      I am glad it was a day for which you are grateful. We need those days.

      Delete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...