Monday, May 1, 2023

Call to Police and Other Stuff

 Even though we planned to have the rest of the pork roast and vegetables for dinner, we had something else. I had a pizza with goat cheese, tomatoes, and herbs that looked good and needed to be eaten. Well, the taste was off, not bad, just not "right." After I ate, I read the ingredients. It turns out the pizza had a cornmeal crust, and I think I want that type crust from now on. Salad accompanied our pizza. The carb count was too high!

The allysum and bachelor buttons seeds I sowed in a pot outdoors have germinated. I hope being in the same pot works. This success feels great. 

We were in the park today when a police vehicle pulled in. After a few minutes two other police cars car roaring and and all three went fast down the park road to the other end of the park and then turned around and came out slowly. The end where they turned around is sort of a little circle, right where we turn around. So, we went down as we were headed there and turned around, too. Beyond the park is a utility facility, lots of lines and boxes. 

Tommy said there was a guy beyond the park fence, slowly going out of sight as he went down as he walked...into a ditch or downhill. We were not sure. As we were headed home anyway, I determined to call the police and tell them what we saw. I sort of felt like it was not our business and had nothing to do with the reason the police were there. But, I still was going to call.

However, I looked at plants outside, rushed in to use the bathroom and sat down to watch tv. We saw this at 5 pm and it was almost 6:30 when I remembered. But, I called anyway. The dispatcher was very interested, wanting to know his ethnicity and what he had on, all this beyond what Tommy saw and I reported. So, I suppose we saw something important. It's just too bad I did not remember to report it in a timely manner. 

I have voiced many times the fact the park could be scary if the wrong people came in to hang out. Hopefully, this was an anomaly. There are eight ball fields, tennis courts, basketball courts, a walking track, outdoor exercise stations. And, on the other side of the park drive is a children's playground. There is a party room, a senior center, and the EMS and ambulances. Gunshots would ruin my day. 

Then, we watched television, had dinner, and watched more television. I made a few phone calls with some success. Tommy only wants to buy milk after the gallon is empty, so we had to go to Publix for a gallon of milk. That was our mundane day. But, I can do without excitement. 

What did you do today, exciting or mundane? Dinner? How are your flower and food plants doing? Do you ever feel the need to report suspicious behavior to the authorities? 



8 comments:

  1. I recently reported that a truck had lost it's load. It was a very heavy piece of machinery and people were trying to retrieve it in a very dangerous spot.
    I feel bad that the truck driver had already lost his load and it wasn't easy and now he will probably be ticketed as well but I just wanted some safety precautions.
    I wouldn't want to run out of milk before getting more. What if I wanted an urgent coffee?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. kylie,
      Maybe he won't get a ticket. I see things lost off trucks and the result of stuff in traffic could be tragic, so I don't blame you for calling it in.
      With him, it is all about not buying it too soon, like the gas fiasco. There is such a thing as urgent coffee? jk

      Delete
  2. Mundane here - cold and rainy. No flowers other than perennials outside yet. I would and have called the police. If I see something, I will say something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl,
      Your weather sounds dreary right now. If the police had not just gone down there very fast, we would never have even thought anything about the guy.

      Delete
  3. Some time in January or February of 2022, my husband and I were on the way home from a UK Basketball game. It was a late game and it takes us just over two hours to get home. We were coming through our little town and saw where a car had crashed through the front awning of a little walk-up restaurant. The door was hanging open, steam still coming from under the hood. It had also taken out wrought iron tables and chairs and a significant concrete planter. I called the non-emergency line to make sure someone knew about this. Hubby and I got out of my car with it still running (it was approximately three degrees outside). The car was unoccupied. She asked if I had seen someone in a red hat. We saw no one. She asked if there was blood or anything inside the car. We could not see any. Just as we got back into our car, a man with a red hat walked up and acted like he was going to get in the car! I called back to tell them about the man in the red hat and that he was there. She said the deputy was on his way. The man walked away before they got there, but they did either already know who it was because of the license plates or figure it out quickly. He was so drunk, he hadn't even noticed us sitting there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just think, if it had been warmer, he would probably have killed people sitting outside. I am glad you helped the police locate him. He sounded like a menace. Good for you.

      Delete
  4. I have never seen anything suspicious or scary that I needed to report. I guess I am lucky, given the stories here.

    For me, real pizza is just not worth the carbs anymore. Not even the cauliflower crusts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue,
    Forty years ago, I heard noise of cars stopping hard enough to screech. I ran out just in time to see a policeman jump from his car, kneel behind a door and point his gun at someone and start screaming. I decided it was time to run back in and get baby and two other kids on the far side of the house and down low. It was scary. The police were already there, so I did not have to call them. I was awakened by someone breaking into neighbor's truck, kids breaking down neighbor's fence. No one else ever hears what I hear. Most of the time, I let person being wronged call the police, and they do. I have never lived in a place that could even remotely be called rough or dangerous.

    ReplyDelete

Halloween Decorations

 Saturday night, we started decorating for Halloween. I found the ghosts to hang from the dogwood tree. They were wadded and wrinkled, so th...